American / UK Female Expat to talk to my Wife

I will be coming to Saudi in August with my wife following me in December. I am looking for someone who would be willing to talk to my wife (Just married! :-) either through email or on skype about what its like to live in Riyadh. I will be looking for a job for her after I arrive (She is a paramedic, but only has 1 year of experience) but would like someone who knows what it is like to give her a heads up.

Thanks!

If I was married I would never subject my wife to this place. Just tough it out and spare her. That's my humble advice, though I'm sure I'll be attacked by a swarm of ridicule. I'll sit back and let the hate begin, now.

I am an American.  I work remotely for my company in the USA and live on a compound here in Riyadh.  It will be illegal for your wife to work in KSA unless she is sponsored by a hospital or ambulance service as she is a paramedic.  Truthfully, paramedics don't exist in KSA--at least not like we know them in the USA.  It would not be a good idea to allow her to be sponsored by anyone in KSA as you will not be able to take vacations at the same time.  Your sponsor must give you an exit visa so you can leave the country and chances are her sponsor and your sponsor will not agree on the same dates.

The only women who are happy with life in KSA are those who are ok with staying home, doing the socialization thing, shopping, etc.  Western women give up all their freedoms to come here.  No driving.  Must cover. Have to go to "family only" sections of businesses. If she finds a good circle of friends who have common interests, if she views this as a "once in a lifetime" experience, she will be OK.

Interesting to read all the comments from men!! Very tough choice as they are newly married, so at least they will be together. Yes, she will loose life as she knows it, but lets face it, the normal common goal is a great salary, so stick it out for a few years and go back to wherever with a nice big savings acccount to set you up in your new life. Some compounds are more active than others, as she is young maybe the opportunity to do some more online study for more qualifications. Maybe start a family while you dont have the opportunity to work anyway...... have to be postive in these situations and always look for the best options.

agreed with all of u....

It is a good place to work and earn money . Thats all I can say. All in all...with all proper papers and legal work permits...you can enjoy life , if you are willing to endure the heat and the social barriers.:)
Cheers.!!!
I am here with my wife and enjoy at malls ,beaches, mountaineous regions of Taif , Baha and abha...