Long stay visa (family reunion)

Hi everyone!

I have applied for family reunion visa for my wife & son in March 2021. After three months, I received an email which request the copy of house contract. I already sent the document they date I received the email. Now, it is almost two months. How many months it takes that my application to get a decision? Does someone knows something about this & give me at least approximate time? Is there any possibility that my family denied the visa?

Many thanks!

Are you an EU member? Usually there is always delay in decision when documents are not complete on submission.  Usual time frame for a decision is about   or -6months.

Best of wishes.

In my case they didnt contact me to tell me what the result was. I had to make an appointment myself 6 months later to know the answer.

Thank you. Yes, I'm in Belgium.

Tnx for the update. Wish you the best!

So I understand you sent the application for family reunion in Belgium or your wife and son sent it from the country where they are based? I ask because I also heard family reunion from within Belgium also takes quite a while. Some people have shared their experience of family reunion on this platform and they got their accord in about 3 months, but applied from outside Belgium.

Tnx for the question. Actually, they're the ones who submitted the application from home (Addis Ababa) by themselves. What I did is simply providing the necessary documents & following-up on the status.

Regards,