Single Permit to Dependent/Permanent Resident

Hello All,

I am working on deputation for past 4.8 years and my assignment gets completed by the end of 5th year.

My spouse works here with her Single Permit on a local contract which is valid for another three years.

Could you please help me which will be the best and possible option to continue my stay in Belgium?

Apply as a dependent?
Apply for Permanent Resident B or D?

Thanks and Regards
TS

If you are on deputation and not on a local Belgian contract (paying full taxes in Belgium), your time for permanent residency B or D card is not counted any more.
For B or D card you have to start all over again on a local contract.
In this case, you might have to change your status to dependent on your spouse.

If you are paying taxes in Belgium, then after 5-years you can apply for a D-card yourself, or you will automatically get a B-card if your residence permit is about to expire at that time.

Cheers,
N

If you switch to a local employer before applying for your Pr you can still get it . As authorities dont check your entire 5 year payslips but rather only the last 1 year payslips.

However if you change your status to dependent of your spouse then your counter would reset and you will have to do five years .

Please also note that you can only become dependent of your spouse if your spouse's status has been no longer under family reunification.