Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Hi, we are planning to relocate to Malta soon. We have been to Malta several times, but haven't seen Mellieha. Now we are considering renting a property in Santa maria estate. My Question is: how is the area there? Is it close to supermarkets, etc. is it walkable? Is there a bus stop?
And then in general to Mellieha: is there alot to do in Mellieha? Enough activities to do? Supermarkets, restaurants, shops, Playgrounds, parks?
Would be glad to hear some experiences.

Thanks.

biancajuba wrote:

Hi, we are planning to relocate to Malta soon. We have been to Malta several times, but haven't seen Mellieha. Now we are considering renting a property in Santa maria estate. My Question is: how is the area there? Is it close to supermarkets, etc. is it walkable? Is there a bus stop?
And then in general to Mellieha: is there alot to do in Mellieha? Enough activities to do? Supermarkets, restaurants, shops, Playgrounds, parks?
Would be glad to hear some experiences.

Thanks.

There are quite a lot of shops and restaurants in Mellieha as it's a very touristy place, I don't know of any parks as there are not many in Malta but there's a good beach there.  With regards to Santa Maria
estate rentals are expensive,there are bus stops along the Main Street in Mellieha I don't know of any that go into the estate.

Yes there are parks in.mellieha
1 opposite  valyou's supermarket,  a smaller 1 by cross keys restaurant., there's a gym  plenty  of history sites, great beach, & buses to Valletta  & beyond.

DP4 wrote:

1 opposite  valyou's supermarket,  a smaller 1 by cross keys restaurant., there's a gym  plenty  of history sites, great beach, & buses to Valletta  & beyond.

Can't say I have ever seen a park opposite Valyou supermarket.

GozoMo wrote:
DP4 wrote:

Can't say I have ever seen a park opposite Valyou supermarket.

There is a mini park called Selmun Family Park round the corner. The highlight is of course Popeye Village. It is promoted as tourist attraction. Enjoy it and regards to Popeye