Returning to home country for short duration for a dependent on D Visa

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing okay.

I wanted  to know if my husband, who will be travelling for the first time with me to Belgium on D Visa can return to home country for a few weeks, before 90 days or arrival in Belgium, in case that requirement arises. I know that we will have to register in commune for residence card and he will certainly be staying for about a month. But after that he might have to return for some time due to an urgency that could arise. Then he will come back for long stay. Can children also return likewise for a short duration?

I have a job to start so I will be there throughout.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
AJ

I don't see why this would be a concern.

Please ensure that you and your family are registered with the commune before heading back to India.

Best would be to wait for your husbands Belgian RP to arrive from the commune. This then becomes your valid visa to enter back into Belgium from a short trip to India.

Cheers,
N

In Belgium administration is hell. I would suggest you to just wait for commune to process, you can ask for fast process not sure the possibility but you can check, could cost you more money and then travel.

I can give you my experience.
I ask for citizenship normally process toke 4 months which was end of my RP card validity. But I ask for renew my card earlier so I can travel to India. Guess what it took them 7 months to provide me the answer. What I found they forgot my file because my card was already renewed before the deadline. They answer on my application because I was asking my commune almost every day.

Cheers,