Why is covid cases increasing in Thailand.

After months of the closure of the border to all tourists. and strict quarantine put in place returning Thai's and ex-pats returning to their Thai families. For the last 6 months, there have been many clusters of covid breaking out mainly in the southern provinces in workplace areas, are all migrant workers isolated in quarantine for 14 days when they arrive, if not, why not, if so is covid brought in by illegal migrants. Who should be blamed for this increasing rise in all covid strains?

Well the sad truth is the gov has not handled this pandemic competently on many levels. The Sinovac vaccine from China has had serious side effects and they continued to buy more of it as just one example.

Yes Scbrock is right 800,000 million of these Chinese vaccines went to many countries and many of these countries are still suffering. As far as Thailand goes we would have been better off getting a J&J one shot vaccine which is good but not great but only requires one shot. As time moves on we will find that all these vaccines are good not great.

Thailand is far behind many countries dealing with this pandemic and it's people are desperate and suffering. At least what I have seen here in Phuket. Scooter taxi drivers begging for money in Bic C and young women selling themselves for next to nothing.

Scbrock, Both the AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines have similar side effects injection site pain
mild tenderness, fatigue, headache, muscle ache, chills and fever.  CoronaVac "Sinovac" reported a lower occurrence of fever in comparison to other COVID-19 vaccines, including the mRNA-based vaccine AstraZeneca which seem to be more prone to blood clotting. The media, more so the social media again exaggerate the real truth on the number of people who suffer side-effects as COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.

At my university, they gave the professors and instructors the option to take the vaccine or abstain. My first question to them was which vaccine is it? The AstraZeneca vax? The answer I kept getting was, "I don't know." I was scolding them on the fact they were giving out this vaccine and they didn't even know which vax it was!

Eventually, after much digging and persistence, I did find out it was the AstraZeneca vax, which I told them "H3LL, NO! I'm not injecting that garbage into my body."  However, many of the instructors did take it. Almost all had symptoms of injection site pain, mild tenderness, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, chills and fever. Some severe enough to call in sick for a couple of days. Those that didn't call in sick were like the walking wounded all complaining about symptoms.

This is supposed to be the cure or treatment! This is worse than actually getting the virus naturally. Why take the vax if the vaccine is causing problems worse than the virus itself? If you are healthy and get the corona virus you may not even know you have it. People have carried it without even knowing they've had it. However, those that have been vaccinated with the AstraZeneca or Sinovac vaccines certainty know they have gotten injected.

It's the same all over Thailand, out here in the rural north no one is begging there outside working hard in the fields from sunup to sundown, as they have never relied on getting easy money from tourists or visitors.

There are several provinces where the vaccination program actually works. Even in north eastern provinces. Everything is about the local authorities and how smart they are. Compared to Chonburi, they are smart.

No one really knows the full truth of all causes and effects but these answers barely start in on current best guesses.  New strains spread faster; that's a main factor.  It's true that hotspots are prisons, market areas, manufacturing and construction locations, etc., and that the outbreak back in December was directly related to immigrants.

On to less solid guesses.  Thailand never really completely cleared that second wave in December, and the numbers only dropped off as low as they did because of limited testing.  The outbreak was still occurring and spreading from the end of February to the beginning of April, even though limited case counts made it seem like it wasn't. There were 50-100 known cases a day over that time, and the real number was much higher, for sure.  Part of the reason case counts bumped in December 2020 and then April is that testing escalated twice over those two times.

So the real problem is that people never did get back to limiting social contact in the same way that they did in the first half of 2020, even though the disease was still spreading.  As resolution steps are attempted now, government imposed limitations, the virus spreads faster anyway, because of the faster spreading strains, and people never fully locking down as they had.  You don't see people in grocery stores shopping for a whole week; they pick up food for a couple of days, or a meal.  Malls are still open, and people mostly wear masks around, unless they don't want to.

The problem isn't that the vaccines in use are ineffective, it's that as of right now 10.6% of the population has had at least one shot, with 4.1% fully vaccinated.  Even with two shots people can still get the disease, and spread it, or even die from it in some cases, but 90% of the population are completely unprotected, even though all those vaccines came out at the end of last year.  Once the mortality rates of people with different vaccines is known then the Thai government can be blamed for not making more versions available, but for now they can only be blamed for dropping the ball for making widespread access available in general, of any versions.

Australia was the same now Sydney and NSW are locked down as soon as they left their guard down.

Unfortunately, due to superstition, ying yang, and bad press, many Thais, that I know, do not want to be vaccinated.
Where I live there are several 'walk-in' vaccination stations that have been open for months, I have yet to see them busy, let alone a queue formed....

The new Delta variant spreads more and it attacks the under 50 at a higher rate. In my area 5 students have come down with it and it is spreading fast.
    A lot of Thais in my area don't want the vaccine either, but that is because the Sinovac is almost useless against the Delta Variant. I think the Un should play a big roll in these vaccine hand outs as some countries have non and some too many. I could be wrong but aren't we all human?

The Thai government has the money but they obviously prefers to get vaccines for free even if they are almost useless against the Delta-variant like Sinovac and the vaccine from Sinopharm.

No one is to blame for the spread of any virus. When one lost the timing to control the spread of any virus, it is impossible to contain it by any means. Lockdown has already proved to be an ineffective means of preventing the spread of COVID. There has already been a study showing that the DELTA variant spreads much faster than the other ones, and lethality is much lower, which is the natural cycle of any virus, that is, it spreads much, and is less lethal.

My experience has been the exact opposite.
I've been vaccinated with AZ with zero side effects. No injection site issues or other issues.
What's more many of my friends and relatives have received AZ with only 1 or 2 people having the mildest of side effects.

I wish people would stop spreading lies about AZ - it's a good efficacious vaccine, much better the Chinese alternatives.

The Delta-variant is not less lethal, on the contrary. You don't seem to understand that only about 5% of the Thai population have had 2 shots, and many have had only the almost useless Sinovac vaccine. The Thai government could have bought Pfizer or/and Moderna months ago, but they obviously prefer to get vaccines for free, mostly Sinovac.

Where are the walk-in clinics? I know a lot of people that would really like to get the vaccine

Yes it's certainly better than the Sinovac. I got the Moderna in the
states and was fine with it.

Am pretty worried about the variants just prolonging this whole mess.

There are a lot of lucky people out there that had no or little reactions to the covid vaccines. The ones that had reactions are making themselves more and more available on You Tube everyday. The choice to vaccinate should always be yours and no one else's. As these vaccines are not 100% perfect with unknown future problems. The Delta variant is causing the increase in covid cases in Thailand and it is attacking the young. In my area alone 11 school kids are now in a field hospital and more could follow. The lack on better vaccines from the start is another reason for this increase. All we can do now is live in hope that thinks will get better.

That is a very selfish approach to suggest that the choice of having a vaccine should be  left to individuals. What right does anyone have  to spread the virus to thousands of others when it can be avoided? You might as well say speed limits should not be imposed and that everyone should be able to drive as fast and as recklessly as they wish and endanger others.
If people refuse a covid vaccination, they should have limited access to public places, public transport, flights, etc.

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I would hope common sense would prevail and people would understand the dangers of not getting vaxxed and how it is spreading and variants are developing.
I just wonder about making it mandatory may be a bridge too far.

I get all the reasons for getting the shots. It's the right thing to do. And it really irks me the anti-vaxxers that are so proud of being defiant. Willful ignorance I would call it.

Making it mandatory for travel and other activities may be persuasive enough that would encourage people to get it. But, it probably isn't.

Let's hope you are right!🤞🤞🤞

rockethk wrote:

Unfortunately, due to superstition, ying yang, and bad press, many Thais, that I know, do not want to be vaccinated.
Where I live there are several 'walk-in' vaccination stations that have been open for months, I have yet to see them busy, let alone a queue formed....

My Thai wife tells me the Thais won't take the AstraZeneca vaccine here because it is produced in Thailand. It's a replica of the one produced by the British-Swedish company in Cambridge, but the ingredients are shipped from there to Thailand to be produced entirely in Thailand. My wife works at an International (American) health care company in Bangkok so she knows. Her company won't provide that vaccine for its employees, but instead has arranged for the Moderna vaccine to be shipped here from the US instead , but only for the company's employees and their families. She has arranged for all her family to take the Moderna one. She asked me, but I declined. I will rely on my immune system as I'm in excellent health.

grapagoda72 wrote:

That is a very selfish approach to suggest that the choice of having a vaccine should be  left to individuals. What right does anyone have  to spread the virus to thousands of others when it can be avoided? You might as well say speed limits should not be imposed and that everyone should be able to drive as fast and as recklessly as they wish and endanger others.

What happened to the my body, my choice that the pro-abortion people always say? It's more true in the case of an injection because you would be forced by others to take something into your body which you do not want. Also, the vaccinated are not safe they are getting re-infected after the vaccination because the vax doesn't protect against all variants (especially the ones in Thailand). A vaccine is supposed to prevent future infection if they are working properly, but these in Thailand do not.

When you get vaccinated you are allowing yourself to become infected with the virus in a 'controlled' way. That is what a vaccine is. They are injecting a less lethal weakened form of the virus (or it's key codes in the case of RNA vaccines) to alert your immune system and have it produce antibodies to ward off future infection. However, many of these vaccines don't work against the Delta variant so what is the point of getting vaccinated with them?  That is the variant that is spreading and the vaccines here don't protect against it. It's like taking medicine for the flu when you have food poisoning. It's the wrong medicine for the illness and it won't work.

The selfish people are the ones who don't respect individual choice and try force people to follow their beliefs. Your beliefs are not always true and should not be forced on anyone who doesn't believe what you believe.

grapagoda72 wrote:

That is a very selfish approach to suggest that the choice of having a vaccine should be  left to individuals.  You might as well say speed limits should not be imposed and that everyone should be able to drive as fast and as recklessly as they wish and endanger others.

There are roads like that in the world. Try driving on the German Autobahn. Much safer than many roads in Thailand and the US despite having no federally imposed speed limit.

I dont have a problem with people not want the Vaccine, Up to them.

But they better not come online and complain later IF they cant do this or that.
Then they only have themselves to blame.

I really hope we see for some years to come, That people need to have Vaccine to get on a Air Plane, Coming into Country´s and so on.

Kindly.

Never done that wrote:

I really hope we see for some years to come, That people need to have Vaccine to get on a Air Plane, Coming into Country´s and so on.
Kindly.

First off, the Covid-19 virus will not be here many years down the road. It will be an after thought in another year or so. The Spanish flu burned itself out without a vaccine in 2 years (1918 -1920). Same with SARS, H1N1, MERS, Bird flu, etc. So, now we have this Covid-19 virus, the '19' stands for 2019 which is the year it became a pandemic. First cases are now known to be lab workers in Wuhan China in November 2019. Two years are the natural course of a pandemic. There will be sufficient herd immunity (vaccine or not) by early 2022.

And these vaccines are not the end-all-be-all like you believe. The Sinovac  only has a 60% success rate and AtraZeneca a 90% if it's the one produced in England. We don't know the success rate of the one produced in Thailand, but it's much lower. And they don't protect against the Delta variant which is the one spreading in Thailand now.

As for these government controls you are hoping for, I hope you read the book "1984" by George Orwell. He talks about the dangers of a government doing like you want. He worked in the US government in the 1940's so he knew what they were trying to impose. It's only a matter of time before they start imposing things you don't like or you have problems with, but once they have that power it's very hard to reverse it. Maybe in the future they will ration your gas use, limit what you can eat and can drink, not allow you to protect yourself against attack, not give you fair trials, etc. All that eventually comes with totalitarianism. Big Brother just won't stop looking at your neighbors, he will be watching you too.

Hopefully we have returned many of the safeguards we had in place such as the Pandemic Response Team and the liaisons we had in many countries to help with future pandemics. The Covid-19 won't be around forever but unfortunately there will be other dangerous viruses.

I'm not for mandatory vaccinations just from a personal liberty standpoint. But I certainly don't want to get sick or die say like on an airplane because someone is standing on some principle or they heard something from the fear mongering media about the vax being dangerous.

I hope we can agree that requiring vax for getting aboard a plane is a long long way from the Thought Police.

To vaccinate or not against the covid virus there is not a  easy answer. Please listen to the following and make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPjAfNNA-U

Watching YouTube to decide if getting vaccinated or not must be the most stupid advice this year.

Roadhog wrote:

To vaccinate or not against the covid virus there is not a  easy answer. Please listen to the following and make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPjAfNNA-U

The guy is right about the cases he talks about in minutes 24-26 (I didn't watch the whole video it's over 43 minutes for God's sake. I just slide the play bar to that part and it was enough to know the idea of the video.) I have heard of these cases, too. I have also heard of cases in Thailand from the SinoVac and AstraZeneca vac. The media and the governments are trying to keep this information quiet because it goes against what narrative they want to push and it hurts them from them achieving their agenda. Isn't it better for all the truth to be told to let people decide for themselves about their own bodies than to feed the public only what you want and to squash information that goes against your agenda?

To say people not taking vaccine are selfish because they can spread the virus is HogWash! You clearly don't understand vaccines! People who have had vaccines can still carry the virus and spread it, the vaccine only protects the person who has taken it, that's if it actually works! So people not taking the vaccine do not pose an unnecessary risk to others, everybody does😩So hide behind your vaccine and stop criticizing people who choose to not put untested “stuff” in their bodies, as they are not causing you any risk!

Reply to Chillaman (from Australia).
How can you be so sure that the AZ vaccine you got wasn't made under licence by Biokangtai in China?

What are you rambling about? Putting "untested stuff" in their bodies? You don't seem very clever.

I watched the video about half of it. The number that stood out was 1.3% of people getting thrombosis (blood clot in the brain). It was a little higher for Germany.

If you have any reservations about getting vaxxed it never hurts to consult your doctor.

It's everyone's own decision but I've been seeing many of the people in the hospital with covid that thought it was a hoax suddenly realizing it's very real.

And there are some that recover from it and still refuse to get the shots.

People who are vaccinated have 66% less chance to infect others according to Israeli studies. Big difference.

Also someone here mentioned that taking a vaccine is  putting weakened virus in your body. With mRNA or vector vaccines this is not true. Please read up before spreading misinformation.
Most vaccines still protect against the Delata variant, though granted, not 90+% anymore, but still in the high 70-ies.

Final note: in the US over 95% of the people now getting hospitalized, are non-vaccinated.  How much more proof do you need?

When the FDA approves these vaccines I just might get one!

It just makes sense to get vaxxed. All the numbers point to getting it but
again it's personal choice.

Many countries would give their right arm for the shots, literally.

WTF up people. More people are now catching & dying after the double jab! CDC & FDA have finally admited that the PCR is not fit for purpose and will discontine use after December. (Why 5 months?) Because they are waiting for Falsy & Kill Gates to come up with an alternative. This is not conspiracy its facts. Even MSM liers are reporting it! The reason LOS has increases numbers is because the puppets at the top have been told to get the numbers up by their masters! So easy. increase the B/S testing that is around 80/90% false positives! Why don't they just report those that are sick & dying. Because it doesn't fit the agenda of fear to get the Frankestien jab! There are cracks happening in the sinsister house of cards and the sooner the better it collapses!

Bagwai, any links to this?
If not, it's just another Flat-Earther hoax