Health insurance

Any good health insurance companies I be interested to know.

When Thailand Government rules were brought in a couple of years ago for AO visas, with me being over 70 I found LMG, correspondence is

Mister Prakan By Akarabroker Co. Ltd.

p: (+66)2-985-9123

w:  www.misterprakan.com

a: 110/13 Moo 3 Ratthanathibet Road, Muang Nonthaburi, Thailand, 11000.

I have been quite healthy and I have not used their service, and once insured their service can be updated until you are 99 whereas most others stop when you are 75 or 80.
I hope this will cover your needs.

I'm American and live in Bangkok .. I went with Regency for expats. Pacific cross is also good..

Harry522 wrote:

Any good health insurance companies I be interested to know.

Check out Pacific Cross. Try to stay away from 100% Thai companies.

Hello Harry

It is a very valid and good question.

Everyone has different opinions about what health insurance is qualified for them as 'good'. It depends on the usage, the overall policy and how quickly they can process. Also depending on your budget and what you want to see covered

With more than 20 years living in Bangkok, I had various ones - AIG, Pacific Cross, Bupa - yet in the end decided to go for an overseas one, exclusively for expats. More expensive for sure but it covers my needs.

All mentioned three (AIG, Pacific Cross, and Bupa) covered me well, did what they agreed inside their contract, and I had no issues with any of them.

Suggest you look for an insurance broker (I never used one before) and compare the various packages before making a sound decision.

Hope this may help. Keep on thriving!

I'm over seventy and the only company that will give you long term is LGM,                                         

I have been quite healthy and I have not used their service, and once insured their service can be updated until you are 99 whereas most others stop when you are 75 or 80.

Barry343 wrote:

I'm over seventy and the only company that will give you long term is LGM,                                         

Pacific Cross offers long term for people 70+, but at that age every health insurance is expensive. At Pacific Cross you can chose from several deductions to make the annual cost cheaper.

Hello Harry,
I am working for Allianz Ayudhya Insruance ( German - Thai ) company. I will be gladly to assist you if you need any assistance. There are many companies in Thailand I suggest you look around and see which company fit to your needs! The price will depends on your age and your health condition. Feel free you contact me if you should need assistance!

Cheers!
Boyd

Everyone has their own preference, I choose the one that suited me without an inflated cost because of its name.

I used an American company at 63, and was a very reasonable price compared to others. First year up 10%,second year up 15, third year up 20.I had made no claim or have any underlying health problems.I left then.
So not sure how you can forsee what they will charge in future years.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : The free promotion of services is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
JOHNMELL wrote:

I used an American company at 63, and was a very reasonable price compared to others. First year up 10%,second year up 15, third year up 20.I had made no claim or have any underlying health problems.I left then.
So not sure how you can forsee what they will charge in future years.

It sounds like Pacific Cross to me. Am I wrong?

What are the important things to seek regarding health insurance. I am 68 and no major health issues.
Approximately how much does a good health cover cost per month?

Not Pacific Cross. Initials are MP.

JOHNMELL wrote:

Not Pacific Cross. Initials are MP.

Ok, Pacific Cross has the same "discounts" for the first 3 years.

Harry522 wrote:

What are the important things to seek regarding health insurance. I am 68 and no major health issues.
Approximately how much does a good health cover cost per month?

From 66 years of age, you're "overaged". It's a term several insurance companies uses. From that age the cost per year increases alot, and you also need a full check-up at a hospital at your own expense. Next increment is 71 years of age when it gets even more expensive. The cost depends on the coverage,and there are several "levels". Then the cost varies from company to company. A lot of people skip Outpatient coverage and pay visits to the hospital themselves,and instead uses a higher Inpatient coverage when they have to stay at the hospital. This way the annual cost gets alot cheaper. It's about doing a qualified guess about what could go wrong. At your age  ~50-55,000/year with a ~780,000 Baht coverage if you're lucky and chose a not so greedy company. Then it's about your location and what kind of hospital you prefer. Private hospitals in for example Phuket,Bangkok and Pattaya are really expensive for expats and the insurance cost/year have to go up to cover the costs if you're staying in a hospital for let's say 10-14 days. Other places in Thailand are much cheaper and some also have quite good government hospitals.