Health insurance, cancel Medicare, Italy

I'm moving to Italy, Calabria region. There's no need for me to be paying Medicare, I have tricare for life. Reputable health insurance companies. I do understand I will and am eligible for the national health since I am a citizen/resident in Calabria. Can I stop Medicare? How to stop Medicare? Advise. Thanks in advance

Nick

Call up Medicare and explain your situation?

Yes. You can. One issue : if you come back to the US and try to get back into Medicare , you will need to pay a penalty. If you are on Tricare, which I think is military insurance, is Medicare required? If so, I think you will need to retain Medicare if using Tricare. Also, as an Italian citizen, you will be able to get into the Italian health system as soon as you set up residence. Just a heads-up on healthcare in the south , it is not as good as the north. I was born in Calabria but decided to reside in the North healthcare being one of the reason. Where in Calabria are you going?

Hi Nico, we have spoken before, I'll be near soverato

I thought it was you. So, you are ready to come? From the last time we communicated I have learned quite a bit. I gave you my reply about Medicare , which I am retaining as well my supplemental insurance in case I return to the states in few years. I also replied to your inquiry about insurance and car here. Since you were military and possibly you are already a member of, I can inform you that USAA can offer you insurance on the car ( or what ever car you buy here) and the house/apartment you will be residing in. USAA is currently insuring me in my rental apartment. However, there a lot of issues in getting the car here as well as driving it here as I know you don't have an Italian driving license. Also, you may need to make sure that in Calabria you will find someone who is able to work on American car. Please feel free to contact me if you need further questions. Nico

How can we chat personally, ***

dont put your email address online - use the direct messaging

Peace be upon you. I need this job a lot and I cannot come to Italy. I live in Morocco. Can you send me an invitation to come to Italy? Thank you.

What's the advantage of disenrolling from Medicare?