Family Reunification Visa Rejected. How long does an appeal take?

Hi, I'm a Pakistani in Belgium now for 4 years. I've been working for almost 2 years now.

My spouse's family reunification visa application was rejected due to incomplete documents. So it probably doesn't make sense to appeal that decision anyway.

But out of curiosity and for peace of mind. Has anyone here appealed against their VISA rejection decision? How long did that process take you?

Can I for instance appeal against the decision and attach new documents that I now have? Would that take a shorter amount of time than reapplying?

Would love some help. Thanks.

And thanks to all of you that answer questions here. You've already been of huge help. :)

You can always apply again with complete documentation this time, right? Or add the missing documents into the appeal? In any case, I always think the appeal is worth doing.

For most people the appeal always worked. But you could just reapply with complete docs.  There's so much fill to fill out and so much Doc's that could excape the eye in a family reunification visa application.  Print out the check list and check before resubmitting

Thought I'd give an update here. I hope it helps someone: I finally got the visa approval for my wife. And I didn't have to reapply. Here's what happened.

After my spouse's family reunification visa was rejected, we didn't appeal because from what I gathered from people's experiences here it would have taken longer.

So we started making our file again to reapply.

But simultaneously I came across this page on the Immigrations Affairs website: https://dofi.ibz.be/nl/themes/ressortis … herziening

It allows you to email them in case the visa was rejected on these three conditions:

1. The applicant submitted a rental contract, but not proof that this rent was registered. The revision of the decision is possible, even if the registration is carried out after the decision has been taken;

2. The applicant has submitted a certificate from the health insurance fund, but not in the required form Certificate from the health insurance fund – Standard form

3. The applicant is a minor and travelling alone, but he has not presented a parental authorisation.

So I wrote to the email address provided with these documents attached again, complete with my contact details.

Initially they replied saying that I didn't meet the second condition (health insurance document not in the right format). But I replied saying this is still the closest description to my issue, and attached the health insurance document again.

A couple of weeks later, we got the visa approval (thank God).

So I think making my case over email really helped.

It is God. Amen to that
Congratulations