Moving to Belgium for family reunion

Hello ,
I am a foreigner with a Netherlands passport and i live in the Nederland for some 12 years now . I have a permanent job. I have a son in Africa that lives with my mother and he will be 18 years next month .
So I tried to bring my son to the Nederland but it didn't work out  because the investigator the Netherlands immigration send  to the school of my son in Africa  to investigated lied about things  because of that ,the Netherlands immigration rejected my request.
I asked a lawyer for an advise but he told me that I have no chance  because the IND are having doubts.
A friend suggested to me that if I move to Belgium ,
I can bring him through Belgium because it is easier in Belgium.
Please has any person any ideas  because I am just confused

Thanks .

Hello,

Belgium? Easier? your friends doesn't know the immigration topic at all :joking:

Keep in mind that Belgian immigration will know that your son has been denied by Netherlands and why...
Anyway, as your child is going to turn 18 next month, it will not work, especially because he's not in your direct care. (You're in Netherlands since 12 years and your child has always been in Africa) and because you don't have a stable job in Belgium.
IMHO you'll just lose money...

Thanks for your advice. So you mean that the Belgium immigration will know that the Netherlands immigration has rejected my request.
I contacted Turnout state office and asked them till what age can one bring his or her child to Belgium through family reunion. They told till 21 years.
I

Yep, they share all the information as there's an agreement between Benelux (Belgium-Netherlands-Luxembourg)  and Europe...
It's a shared database.

You're right, I quickly check again, and it's 21 for a child IF he's in your care.
Meaning that for example you're living in Africa, going to Belgium and you want to bring your child as you're taking care of him.
But I kinda doubt you can proof anything such as he's in your care, as you're living in the Holland since 12 years, it looks like a dead case to me.
(unless you can show that you're sending money since many years to your mum to take care of your child for you and other "proofs" / visits / ....)

Hello,
Thanks for your advice.
I send money to my mother every month for the upbringing of my son and I have  prove.