Retirement House

Hello Everyone!

I am preparing now for our retirement . My wife is Brazilian and  I am Filipino.

We are checking now which place are good to settle for retirement, one is Foz do Iguacu and other is Campos do Jordão.

Any recommendation for cheaper cost of living as well the property?

Regards,
Melvine

Melvine,
Congratulations on the upcoming retirement.
I live in Foz do Iguacu. Foz is a good size city. Not Large and not small.
Foz is the #2 tourist destination in Brasil and borders Argentina and Paraguay and having a nice remodeled international airport.
The main attraction is the Iguacu National Park with the Falls. The falls bring many from around the World.
The cost of living is low on many things. Housing is reasonable ranging from a modest home to very large gated comunities and large condos.
Many items have to be trucked into Foz and are reflect in Gasolina and some food items. Foz has a good proportion of farms to bring fresh produce to market.
Electricity and water are very reasonable. Itaipu Hydro generation and the plant is the 2nd largest in the world. supplying a large portion of Brazil's and 80% of Paraguay's electricity.
Many banks and 2 large shopping malls.
Many churches and one mosque.
Weather is subtropical, but like today we do get a few colder days.
There are 2 private hospitals and one large Public hospital (with clinics located throughout the city).
These are just a few points about Foz. If you have specific questions just let me know.

I am moving to Joao Pessoa Pb.clean,safe and have one of the most beautiful beaches in Brasil.

thank you. I will check on it.

If you are planing for retirement, Health Care facilities come into the picture. 

None of the aforementioned places are on the top of the list for places to retire.....

Look into second and third tier places such as....

Sao Jose dos Campos, SP

Sao Caetano, SP

Santo Andre, SP

Campinas, SP and surrounding towns

Blumenau, SC

Curitiba, PR

Ribeirao Preto, SP

Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP

Florianopolis, SC

Maringa,PR

Londrina, PR

Sorocaba, SP

Taubate,SP

Sao Bernardo do Campo ( you can get some spread by Riacho Grande )