Is Senator George Santos shedding a good light on Brazilians

Just watched an interview with his ex-boyfriend in São Paulo. With all the attention on him now including his Brazilian roots, how do Brazilians feel being dragged into the story?

Roddie in Retirement🕵🏽

Probably the Town's Idiot, seeking undeserved attention,  from the little I've seen thus far.

Looks to me another attention seeker.  if that what is coming from our Political Class, America is doomed. And let's not forget other grandstanding demagogues, Sander and AOC, there isn't a soap box they can't resist.

When Claiborne Pell was a Senator for Rhode Island, he did a lot of good through legislation.  Heck, I went to college ( Public University ) on grants from his Bill.   

A former mechanic of mine, then working on a sawmill, a farm boy no less at his days, was tasked to setup tables for food outdoors for a political rally for the said Senator, I think it was around  North Kingston.  He praised my friend then, for his taskmanship, fully deserved. 

I ferried some of his aides, while in office, and they go about telling tales on how  old man  went ragging  about unpaid parking tickets accounted  to his staffers.

Then, former Massachusetts Governor, William Weld, who actually ran the Republican Primaries against Trump.  A Bonafide Blue Blood Yankee, who fixed the State Fiscal Affairs, and was a tightwad ( his barber had to haul from the Metro West, and got paid what he charged, not an extra dime as a tip ).

But, an attorney who practiced Constitutional Law, he respected minorities, gays, and Roe x Wade.. The Herald liked to slander him with himself favoring his "cronies on State Street", true, he was moderate on taxing financial firms. 

And then was  Mr Liveshot,  rich widow seeker, John Kerry,  with his "Beacon Hill Remove the Fire Hydrant from my curbside" , or skipping MA boat mooring charges by parking his yatch on RI.  That and the fact, some Vietnam Vets blame him to be a turncoat on the War.

John Howie Carr, from the Herald, used him as his regular punching bag .

Thinking through, Demagoguery and Theatrical Antics is old news in the annals of American politicking.  Just a copy of Upton's Sinclair , The Jungle" , will take you through the Ward Political Machines at the Chicago of the old.   

Old tricks, new faces, political patronage and gambits.  That's an American long held tradition that rear its ugly face at times.

America, land of Soap Box Grandstanding Politicians, and  Snake Oil Salesmen. And in Brazil, it meets its copycat.

Now that the ex-legislator has been relieved of his duties, I hear that a movie is being made.  Not sure who would be interested in this.

He's some NY plutocrat.  I am a former MA Resident, Bristol County.  I could care less about his heritage and brand of politics.  Just another climber on a soap box. 

If members of the Senate voted him  out, sure as heck he did not belong there .

He broke the eleventh commandment - Thou shall not get caught.

His nationality or ethnic background are not a lot to do with anything because a large number of politicians all over the world are corrupt,, so the only thing of concern is working out how he got away with it for so long.

The story os all well and good, but how did the story happen?

12/05/23 "Representative" (now "former Representative"), not Senator; that's bad enough.

He's irrelevant.

And, he's embarrassing too........Brasilian politicians are better at executing corruption schemes than he was kkkkkkkkk

@Pablo888 Oh, just about everyone who has kept his name in the news for the last six months. I started this thread almost a year ago and apparently we are still talking about it, so I would say he has a pretty long shelf life.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

@Pablo888 Oh, just about everyone who has kept his name in the news for the last six months. I started this thread almost a year ago and apparently we are still talking about it, so I would say he has a pretty long shelf life.
Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg-@roddiesho

That's because of how long it took to dump him.

Everyone knew what he was, but votes were needed.

@Pablo888 Oh, just about everyone who has kept his name in the news for the last six months. I started this thread almost a year ago and apparently we are still talking about it, so I would say he has a pretty long shelf life.Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg-@roddiesho

@roddiesho, hope that his last six months of fame / notoriety is coming to an end.  However, it would not surprise me that a TV network will make a piece on him - as he displayed behaviors so contrary to the norm that he became an instant curiosity / aberration.

To change subjects - what's the deal with "Whamageddon"?  That's an old 1980's song that just does not want to die.