Moving to sao jose dos campos

Hi i'm considering moving here later in the year/early next year.
Is their anyone from UK living here to help with some questions?

Hello sdjones.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Maybe you can ask your questions so that other members can help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am original from Spain and I retired in Sao Jose dos Campos. Having being expatriate in  five countries.Could I somehow help you?.
Francisco.

Hi SdJones,
I'm waiting to receive my permanent visa to move to Brazil, but I've been there quite often and my husband is from Sao josé dos campos. Maybe I can help you too if you have specific questions?
Emilie

My husband is from San Jose dos Campos so ask the question and we try to help!

Recently retired and being an expat I am plenty of time to help new expatriates in Sao Jose dos Campos

Hi F. Lopez,

Thanks so much for your generous offer to help other expats, it is much appreciated.

I wonder if you would also have the time to perhaps write a brief 'guide'  something like my Gringo's Survival Guide for Brazil (but much shorter) to share your experience in Brazil for all those who are contemplating a move to São José dos Campos. I know it would be extremely beneficial and I can tell you from the positve feedback that I've received from my postings that it is really quite rewarding.

Us 'old guys' seem to be very much appreciated here in Brazil's expat community, much more so than in some other places. Your own personal experience is invaluable. Please think about it.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

I'm a carpenter and thinking of bringing my 110v power tools to brazil,can i use them there if i just changed the plug?

Hi sdjones,

It all depends on where in Brazil you live, some cities have 220v others 110v. You can either change the plug or buy an adapter if you're in a city with 110v, but you will need to purchase a stepdown transformer if you only have 220v.

Cheers,

Hi William,

Thanks for that. my tools are 110v so i can use them on building sites here and i use a transformer to use the 240v power in customers homes.

I will be staying in sao lourenco,MG.  Then eventually Sao jose dos campos. Do you know if they use 110v so i can just change the plug?

Thanks  Simon

Hi Simon,

I really can't say with certainty whether they have 110v or 220v, not having lived there. I lived in Belo Horizonte - MG and there we had 110v so you may find it the same in São Lourenco. I also lived in São Paulo - SP which also had 110v, I would think that in the whole state that is more common.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info.

sdjones wrote:

I'm a carpenter and thinking of bringing my 110v power tools to brazil,can i use them there if i just changed the plug?

If you are going to live in Sao Jose dos Campos the power is 220V. Neighborough cities like Jacarei are at 110V. In the worst case you can use your tools with a small voltage transformer.

I hope this helps you. Regards.

Francisco.