Brazilian Birth certificate

Hi,

I am trying to find my Birth Certificate. I was born in Campinas Sao Paulo ( I have original Birth certificate but I need to get a new one )
I am English but was born there and my family returned to England when I was a baby.

I need to get a new copy of my full Birth Certificate and get an Apostile stamp. ( For paperwork )
Sadly, I don't speak Portuguese, and I don't have any family or friends living in Brazil.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of a Brazilian Birth certificate online and how to get it stamped with the official Apostile stamp?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Marie

Hi, Marie,

This site:  https://www.cartorio24horas.com.br/ claims to be able to obtain a long form birth certificate ("Certidão de Nascimento de Inteiro Teor"), with an apostille, and to send it to you where you live. 
I have never used them, and cannot vouch for them, but they may bear further inquiry.  You could send them a message (in English, since you don't speak Portuguese) at the "Contato" tab on their website to inquire whether and at what price they can meet your needs.

Perhaps www.meusdocs.com ?
I haven't yet used it, so I can't give you any feedback, but it was given me informally (talking) by an employee of the brazilian consulate in Milan when I renewed my brazilian passaport a couple of weeks ago.
By the way, have you tried contacting the cartorio your birth was registred in (details on your Certidao do Nascimento, google it, and try sending an email, if they have any). If you are lucky, you will be answered by someone who speaks/reads some english who will give you all the information you need. (It happened to me whilst I was looking for the birth certificate of my maternal grandmother who was born in Brazil. Result: birth certificate found, and I have been able to add my mother and myself to the brazilian citizenship list.
And good luck

As the link https://www.cartorio24horas.com.br/ , posted by abthree, if opened replies with a "404 Not Found" web page, I am wondering if somebody knows of a "cheap" website that offers the chance of obtaining a certidão de nascimento in pdf form to brazilian citizens who, like me, live abroad (not in Brazil), and have no relatives/friends/postal address/whatsoever in Brazil?
The only one I, so far, have been able to find is https://registrocivil.org.br , which requires a postal address in Brazil (to a my information request I was answered "é permitido apenas um endereço do Brasil, não é permitido incluir endereços de outros países. Para realizar a solicitação também segue a mesma lógica, é necessário preencher as informações com dados de um cidadão Brasileiro (cpf, endereço e etc..), caso contrario não vai ser possível realizar a solicitação."

Hello everyone,

How can I translate the Brazilian birth certificate from Portuguese to English, which is excepted to the United States USCIS?

Any directives are much appreciated.  Thanks.

12/14/21

arman737ng wrote:

Hello everyone,

How can I translate the Brazilian birth certificate from Portuguese to English, which is excepted to the United States USCIS?

Any directives are much appreciated.  Thanks.

Arman,

I've always used Fidelity for my translation needs (fidelity.com.br) and been satisfied with them.  Brazil-based, they also have a presence in Miami, and a lot of experience translating documents from Portuguese into English.  You can get a quote from them on their website.

Thank you abthree for sharing the details.

Just to clarify, translation through them is accepted by any US Gov agency? Do I need to mention anything like sworn/legal/certified translation to them or do I just take an ordinary translation? As I have to submit my newborn child passport and birth certificate to USCIS. A passport copy will be accepted but I am pretty sure they won't accept a birth certificate in the Portuguese language. Hence I was concerned..

Fidelity is a member of the American Translators Association (ATA) and many small and major compies use their services and are recognized by many governments

Thanks a lot for the help. Good day.