Life as a digital nomad in Spain

Hi everyone,

Digital nomadism has become more and more popular in the past few months and Spain seems to be the perfect spot for it.
If you are a digital nomad yourself, please share with us your experience of this new way of working in Spain.

What motivated you to take the plunge? And why did you choose Spain as your new home?

Were you granted a special visa? What documents did you need to apply for it?

Which sectors allow you to establish yourself as a digital nomad? What do you do for a living?

Where do you work: in a coworking space, at home, in cafes or outdoors? Is your internet connection satisfactory?

How did you find your accommodation in Spain? What did you opt for: a flat / house on your own, co-housing, or a room in a bed and breakfast? How much do you spend on your accommodation each month?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

I am a digital nomad by coincidence. I am an examiner (marking exam papers online),  was doing this job in UK, now just continuing in Spain. It is one of the best jobs in the world, can be done from anywhere in the world (independent on location), can work any time of the day/night (you chose your own working hours). All you need is a computer and a decent broadband connection, but you need to be highly dedicated and professional.

I am planning to be Digital nomad in next years , and one of my Dream places to visit and work globally from it is  Spain , Canary islands  , So  thanks for putting this Topic , it will be so useful to me reading and know more experience  about this life style as I am already doing it in Egypt locations , Thanks and greetings to All digital nomad around the world , we are the future   :)

Hello Diksa: In my opinion, Madrid is one of the best places to be a digital nomad in Spain.
The co-working offer is huge, starting from 120E month, and no visa is needed for less than 3 months stays.
I was offering an apartment as a tourist accomodation but now I changed the business and focused it for digital nomads, as I am a nomad myself and love the community, with a price discount. Many oportunities are available in the city. Just check
madrid palace apartments (IG)

@deltafm  Hello, how does one become an examiner?