Belgian Nationality file preparation

Dear All,

Good afternoon,

My name's Mido Lateri I have been living in Belgium since end 2008 early 2009 as my Father used to work for the embassy representing my country for 4 years (Which provided me a diplomatic residency card that gave me the status of a person living on Libyan territory even though I lived in Belgium) and when my father finished the 4 years I tried to switch from a diplomatic status to a student status. I went to the commune to ask if such procedure is possible from within Belgium without having to go through the Belgian Embassy in my country again? And they gave me a false answer saying "YES" its possible and demanded a list of things one of which I am required to hand my diplomatic card to the embassy to be eligible for another card and bring them proof that I did indeed hand my card to the embassy. (Which is where I messed up).

As eventually I ended up without documentation for almost 3 years of my studies [2012-2015] period.
As I didn't have the need to leave Belgium it took me a while to be able to assign a good lawyer and that's where I hired George Henri Beauthier which instantly advised to do an asylum request giving the situation of my country at the time, even though it was an option I wished not to take at the time. But it is what it is, and so I did and got my 5 year resident card type B. Finished my 1st term and just renewed my card last month now for the second time. As I never had the intention to apply for the citizenship thinking that I didn't need it.. I have lived through a hassle using my Refugee card and also faced a significant loss of opportunities (Indirectly/non-intentional) just because of the status that I had "Nationality: Refugee" at the back of my card and that I was using a blue passport which was going to create issues and longer visa procedures for my line of work.

Currently I have almost all the conditions to apply for the citizenship but I am missing 140 days of work out of my 468 | more or less 4 months real-time counting the days off and weekends. And I have been stuck with this issue since January 2019. + 2 YEARS without any luck to work for 140 days. not before covid in 2019 and not during covid in 2020 - Not a CDD, Not interim, nothing.

Then a friend mentioned the fact that I studied in a university in Belgium  and can actually convert my 3 years into working hours. But the commune said if not a local recognised university it won't count or would be a risk to take a -ve after having paid the application fees.

I also applied for a training (Formation Professionel) 8 hours a day / for 10 weeks. if you do the math its 400 hours which normally would deduct 50 days out of my 140 left. But then I asked them to give me a document proving the hours they said its not 400, its actually less, if you exclude the holidays.

Also studied language course in Brussels - had a certificate at EPFC, level 9 in English back in 2012
Also studied language course in Brussels - had a certificate at IFCAD, level 4 in French back in 2010
Having on mind I enrolled for 1 year at a Belgian local high-school back in the day.
Also my latest Bachelor degree was taken at the UIBS fully English degree whom they have their HQ in Zurich Switzerland but they have campuses at Brussels and Antwerp both of which I attended to for 3 years.

I am confused of how to fill up my 140 days now that every door is closing, every time for 2 consecutive years especially after the covid aftermath I couldn't even get hired in Delhaize just to overcome my obstacle and get back on my track and follow my profession comfortably!

Do you think any of my studies can be used to fill up the missing days?
Do you think there's a way I am not aware of?
Do you think my best way possible giving that I have all the other conditions is to stick to this path and just find a job even tho its almost impossible?
What questions should I be looking for answers for? otherwise.

Very sorry for my long explanation, but I am in a complicated situation and I'd like to feel relieved for once since a while now. I would appreciate any sort of help or hint or clarification if not much to ask for..

Yours sincerely,
Mido

Best to check with immigration lawyer. 😊

Definitely get a sound immigration solicitor involved. Don't be too shattered by the experience though, you will come out victorious.

Kdeepak wrote:

Best to check with immigration lawyer. 😊

Thank you! Will do :)

Kaytom wrote:

Definitely get a sound immigration solicitor involved. Don't be too shattered by the experience though, you will come out victorious.

Noted, I guess i have no other options but to consult an immigration lawyer!
Thank you so much for the spirit :D