Top beaches of Greece

What are your favorite Greek Beaches? Everyone should post at least two.
My personal favorites would be Egremnoi and Myrtos. Not sure about the spelling of the first one, I've seen it written in many ways.

I loved Antiparos :) Antiparos is a wonderful small island, located 20 minutes by ferry from Paros island. Antiparos is somehow full of families with children coming especially from Scandinavia. The beach is very cute and the atmosphere in general is lovely. Oh yes, there is night life as well over there.

Two I liked are:
- Platis gialos - Sifnos.
- Tsougkria, a small island near Skiathos.

Two of the beaches on Gavdos (the most southerly point in Europe) have been listed in the top 100 beaches in the world apparently.

Sadly, many outstanding beaches like Elafonissi and Balos on Crete are a little full of too many tourists in the summer to really enjoy them properly

We holiday 10 weeks each year on the island of Samos and I would recommend beaches at Balos and Great & Little Setani.

Both have rock caves or at least overhangs for some shade.  The two Setani beaches are very secluded and while accessible on foot from the nearest road (some way off) are more easily reached by boat from Karlovasi.  Balos is a small community, busier in season but you can drive right to it through beautiful scenery.

I am English and I am part Greek from the southern Peloponnese and have placed pictures of beaches on my personal website of:
anastasias-koroni-greece.co.uk

There is now flights from May 14 from Athens down to Kalamata airport (airport code KLX) and there are links to Maniatis Travel (Pelops Car Hire) for pick-up / drop off at the airport. They are a firm that was used for the charter flights transfer coaches and by expats with homes in Messinia I have seen.

The rooms I visit each year just 1 Km north of the picturesque medieval fishing village of Koroni are very reasonable and a few moment's stride from the wide, sandy, shallow Memi beach that is under the great Venetian castle of Koroni.

There are any number of tremendous beaches in the county of Messinia and there are links and pictures on my personal website. Contact me through my website to make contact with the mobile phone of Mrs Kapiniaris, who speaks English, if you would like to enjoy the crystal clear waters and pristine beaches of the Messinian peninsula that are not crowded save for the holiday period when the Athenians are let out of Athens in August.

So Messinia is amazing beaches, great Venetian castles, quiet harbourfront tavernas and scenic coastal roads to chill out with no raucous night life or hordes of mass tourism. Escape today.
[moderated: broken link]

In western Crete - Falassarna and Elafonissi are beautiful.
However, they're not so beautiful in July and August when packed! June, September, October are the best times to visit.

Also, near Chania my favourite beach is Stavros, where Zorba the Greek was filmed (Zorbas mountain).

This photo was taken at Stavros 2 days ago, on Clean Monday:
http://livingincrete.net/stavros.JPG

Two prefect beach in Messinia are:

Voidakilla a horse-shoe shaped bay of crystal clear water that is shallow for some distance.

Stoupa a golden sandy bay along a charming fishing village.

hi all,

i went last year to greece, and my favroute island was skiathos. i loved the beach and  the night life there.
but still have to see more of greece next year :)

I love the sea and the nature at:
Schinias, Marathon, a golden seaside next to a unique forest of pine trees.
Artemis (Loutsa), where you can enjoy many different seasides and sea sports.
They are both located in Attica, not far from the International Airport El.Venizelos.