30h driving lessons and then immediately driving test?

I finished my theoretical exam and I'm looking into how to get the driving license as quickly as possible.
I stumbled upon this document https://www.brugmann-boel.be/Doc/Tempor … tGuide.pdf
In which they say that if you take 30 hours of driving lessons, you have direct access to the driving test.
I asked city hall in Gent, they said that they found no such rule in the newest legislation so maybe it's an old rule. Just want to hear if someone know any more about this... although I should probably trust city hall.

And in any case, I'm planning to get a M36 temporary driving license to practice with a friend already before and during lessons. That sounds like a good idea to me to learn to drive faster. Idk what you all think.
Is there any possibility I have not considered? Seems like I will only be able to get the driving license soonest in September at this rate :( (I was really hoping to leave the country by then tbh)

Hi Erled,

I'm in the exact same situation you were in March last year.
I also heard from VAB driving school about the option of getting the practice test directly after 30h of driving and immediately get your driving license, but I was not able to find anything online and bump into your post. Did you had any luck back then in finding more info about this?

Thank you!

That only apply for Brussels, at Flanders it's different rules.

20h driving lessons = 3months driving experience on road first
14h driving lessons = 6months
0h driving lessons = 9 months...(please don't do this)

I think I am also in same boat. I have M36 license and did some practice in Gent.
But I don't see any option to take appointment /date for driving test exam.
It seems the access to reserve a date of practical exam is limited to the driving schools. They Can get you date easily but it's not possible for us. I tried to check with Cityhall but no luck. It's quite confusing
Does anybody knows that is it mandatory to take driving lesssons from school for practical exam date ?
This seems ridiculous rule for me if you can practice with your guide under M36

Avalu wrote:

That only apply for Brussels, at Flanders it's different rules.

20h driving lessons = 3months driving experience on road first
14h driving lessons = 6months
0h driving lessons = 9 months...(please don't do this)

How about M36 driving license where you practice with your guide and not school ?
Are the above rules applicable only in Flanders ?

Hi Avalu,

Where can I find the info for Brussels?

Hello,

those rules only apply to Flanders
Flanders - driving license

These are the Brussels rules
Which you are looking for option 4 but you can only do driving exams at Brussels if you successfully pass the "theoretical exams" at Anderlecht or Schaarbeek test center

1) Free supervision: a minimum of 9 months internship with a supervisor before the practical exam can be taken.
Minimum age: 17 years

2) Combination of the free supervision and driving school: at least 14 hours of driving school, at least 6 months internship with a supervisor.
Minimum age: 17 years

3) Driving school with internship: at least 20 hours of driving school, at least 3 months of internship.
Minimum age: 18 years. The hours of practical training that took place before the age of 18 do not count.

4) Driving school without internship: at least 30 hours of driving school, direct access to the exam.
Minimum age: 18 years. The hours of practical training that took place before the age of 18 do not count.