Buying a Scooter

Hello Expat Community. 
I am looking to buy a used/2nd hand scooter. 50cc or under.
Can anyone recommend a place to look?  Either on line, or maybe a dealer?
Thanks! :)

You can have a look into https://www.2dehands.be/

Thank you!

Anyone knows how much insurance costs for a 50cc a class scooter? and also does if there are some taxes or registration costs if you buy 2nd hand scooter.

Thanks

What kind of insurance? Because they're multiple one.

* RC (responsabilité civique / public liability) is absolutely mandatory, other insurance are facultative.
* theft & fire +/- 65€
* Insurance for the driver (health cover) +/- 65€
* PJ (Protection juridique / Juridic protection) +/- 30€
* PJE(Protection juridique étendue / Better juridic protection) +/- 50€

RC + omnium is around 140€ after a quick search.
Most of the company will decrease the price of the RC if you pick a "package" (insurance of the driver + PJ + ...)

But it will also depend on the age of the driver, where you live, the age of the scooter...
You can simulate it in the website of the most famous insurance companies in Belgium (axa, ethias, your bank, ...)

About the taxes: (based on the fact that 50cc is maximum 4 Kw)
registration (taxe de mise en circulation / TMC): one time fee (no TMC is Flanders). +/- 60€
The yearly fee (taxe de roulage) is around 58€/year depending where you live

Thanks for the information.

Yesterday i found a second hand scooter from 2dehands.be, what is the process to buy second hand scooter?

-> How i can register.
-> What documents to check before buying.

The seller told me that he can print a document that scooter is sold to me and then you can have scooter and all documents and you can register the scooter by your self. I was worried if i pay the amount to seller and something goes wrong in registration or documents are not good / incomplete.

hssn601 wrote:

Yesterday i found a second hand scooter from 2dehands.be, what is the process to buy second hand scooter?

-> How i can register.

The seller told me that he can print a document that scooter is sold to me and then you can have scooter and all documents and you can register the scooter by your self. I was worried if i pay the amount to seller and something goes wrong in registration or documents are not good / incomplete.

Do you have the correct driving license?

SimCityAT wrote:
hssn601 wrote:

-> How i can register.

It was class A scooter so no driving license required.

hssn601 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
hssn601 wrote:

-> How i can register.

It was class A scooter so no driving license required.

True if it has a maximum speed of 25km/h