Apply for Dependent ViSA directly in Belgium

Hello,
I am a non-EU citizen living and working in Belgium for the last 3.5 years (work permit)
I am planning to bring my spouse and child in Tourist ViSA and then apply for Reunification Dependent long term ViSA directly in Belgium at my local commune office.
1. Is it possible? If so could you please direct me with the process and documentation required for the same.
2. It would be nice to get in touch with someone who has had a similar experience.

Hello

No, as you're a non-EU citizen.
Except if she has a visa-free passport, which I doubt as you're talking about "tourist visa".
You'll need to do the family reunion visa D request from her home country.

I don't think you can do this. Some countries allow it, e.g. I know for sure this is possible in Denmark.

If you are already in Belgium then technically you can apply it from Belgium as well but it takes a long time and by the time tourist visa (for 90 days) will for sure get expired. Processing time is 6 to 9 months. The official SLA is 9 months.

So ideally they should apply from Home country, it can become more complex when you try for shortcuts and eventually can take longer than necessary.

But yes if you find some one with same experience, that would be interesting to know what happens in real.

Hope this helps.
Regards

No, no and no, she's not allowed and he won't even be able to start the process at the commune.

As a 'A' card holder, the only possible way to do the family reunion from Belgium are:
* if she's already in Belgium (A or H card !!!)
* if she has a visa-free passport
* if she has received a visa C to get married or to sign a legal cohabitation
* force major that doesn't allow her to do the request from her home country (war, political refugee, ...)

else ==> visa D request from home country.

Process time is the same from her home country or from Belgium.
The only real advantage is they'd live together while waiting for her resident permit.

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … _A_ou_H%29