Vaccines required in Russia

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Russia, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Russia?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Russia? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Russia, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

The western part of Russia is a save place to live.  Vaccination is the same as the rest of Europe.  I do not know about the far east of Russia.
I think the covid vaccin is something everybody need.  I have been lucky and did get a full covid vaccination in the Emirates. But even vaccinated,  you need a pcr test before you enter Russia,  but this is for most countries the cases

Dear Sister
I read your msg.
Well I came here on 30th dec and I didnt take any vaccination. I just did PCR test and thats it.

No body ask me for vaccination.

Regards
Sikander

Hello Diksha....!

I came to Russia more than one year ago( Before covid-19 pandemic ). However, the vaccination in Russia for covid-19 already started. I'm a student who's studying here. I already filled out the application for the vaccination through my university.

Regards,
Kushan

I am an expat in Saint Petersburg, Russia. I search for recommended vaccinations for all countries in which I spend time and get the vaccinations. I see it as irresponsible to me, my family, my colleagues, my friends, and others to not get vaccinated. My employer, a university, arranged for influenza and Covid-19 vaccinations, which I welcomed. When I next visit my country of citizenship I plan to get the local influenza vaccine, the local Covid-19 vaccine, and get revaccinated with BCG.

Hello
In my region there are 40 million people
  2 children under age 5 died from Covid
Age 5-17 there are 17 deaths
  Ages 18-34 there are 810 deaths.
At  the top of the scale age 80 we have
There are 24,409 deaths from Covid
What often gets unreported are the underlying condition like obesity the number one factor if you live or die when infected
There is also the issue hospitals are paid extra for Covid deaths here
  I want to save lives as much as the next guy, lowering the speed limit to 25 would do more than a vaccine to save the lives of people under age 35
There are for now about 1000 deaths directly related to one of the vaccines

the 1000 deaths - is that from the Sputnik-V vaccine?

No, I live on California and was using that data.  The more information we have the better.
No one as far as I know has a vaccine, they call it that but that's not accurate, a vaccine prevents something, you can still get sick with this virus after the jab.  The jab lessens to effect the virus has on you and it could save your life that's true.
No one has a true vaccine, everything being used is in trial stages, they are not all made a like it's a money maker for many people pushing them.

I should add I am not against vaccines, no country has made one yet fir Covid, what we have all are in trial stages.