Convert Work Permit to Dependent Visa

Dears,

I want to convert my work permit visa to dependent visa(on my spouse)
I want to know the procedure and time it will take.
Does any one have any experience in this and can guide me

Many Thanks

Hi Ajaisingh,
I had tried to do this a few years back & when I checked at the commune, I was informed that doing this update will reset my 'residence duration' to 0. Meaning, I will be considered as a new resident, hence impacting the chances of getting a Permanent Residence. However, the process was simple and similar to the RP renewal, just that instead of your documents, your spouse will need to present her contract + work permit, and there was an additional payment of 340 Euros.
Finally, things changed for me & I did not go through this process.
This was 4 to 5 years back. I do not know the new rules though, but I think it is not possible to change the statuses while staying in Belgium anymore. If I am not wrong, it has to be done by returning to the home country.

thanks for update
Was it is also required to present some document proving that you are taking sabbatical from your current job or quitting your current job

Sorry for the late response.
No, the commune isn't concerned with that.

I did that in November. Waiting on my decision. It was a simple process. You have to submit all the documents required for family reunification including the marriage certificate and pay the visa free. Since I have moved to Belgium only in September there wasn't a big dent in my residency duration, so it was not a point of discussion during the process.

The marriage certificate for me needed to be apostiled (if in a foreign language), translated to NL or FR and not older than 6 months.

Dears,
My wife is working on independent single permit valid for three years. I am working as expat with single permit as well. My five years will be over in Aug. If I don't get a new job with single permit initiated by then by my new employer, can I change my status under dependent of my wife from within Belgium itself. Or should I go back to my home country and do this. Also if I change to dependent, and I find a contract for free lancing, can I apply for professional card even as a dependent ?