Dependant Pass to Employment Pass

Dear All,

We are an Spanish couple that could be moving to KL in the coming months.

My wife has a job offer to relocate to KL with an Employment Pass within her company. I would be granted with a Dependant Pass, but with the intention of looking for a job upon arrival. We understand that a change from DP to EP would be needed.

In this regard, we are trying to understand whether the local job market is actually accessible for expats and if the companies are willing to employ foreign people given the additional paperwork/visa required vs. locals.

Do you have any experience in such topic?

We do appreciate any help.

Best regards,
GDR

Spain_GDR wrote:

Dear All,

We are an Spanish couple that could be moving to KL in the coming months.

My wife has a job offer to relocate to KL with an Employment Pass within her company. I would be granted with a Dependant Pass, but with the intention of looking for a job upon arrival. We understand that a change from DP to EP would be needed.

In this regard, we are trying to understand whether the local job market is actually accessible for expats and if the companies are willing to employ foreign people given the additional paperwork/visa required vs. locals.

Do you have any experience in such topic?

We do appreciate any help.

Best regards,
GDR

We have gone through this situation when my wife came on DP and later got an EP. It was last year which was a different world. Situation is worse here but still possible. If you have niche cutting edge skills, u can get it. But dont expect anything in low or medium skills things.

Yes, It is right to apply for an Employment Pass if someone who holds a Dependant Pass currently who wishes to engage in Employment in Malaysia.

Firstly, get the Dependant Pass so that you will be able to stay in Malaysia. Look for a suitable job. Then request the Employer to apply for an Employment Pass for you. During the processing ESD in the Immigration Dept will request you to cancel the Dependant Pass before they give you an approval for the Employment Pass.

After Employment Pass is obtained, you can send your passport for endorsement .

All the best