Is it necessary to do Cooling Period - Malaysia?

Hi,

I am wondering whether is it necessary for foreign workers to do the cooling period if worker wants to change employers?
Because I did meet one of the HR in the career fair, she told me that I dont have to do the cooling period as the “new” company can just re-apply for the visa for the workers.

Foreign workers is under EP category 3.

And also, if the foreign worker has to go back for cooling period for 3 months, is it okay to apply the EP during the second month of the cooling period? Or company have to wait until worker serve fully 3 months cooling period only the company is allow to apply for the visa?

Pls, need advice.

Foreign Worker is a completely different type of immigration and the hr is correct.

Professional EP cat. 3 has cooling unless moving to cat 2

The employer always has to  make the application for EP for both FW and Pro categories

Thanks Gravitas.

Do the FW have to cool down for 3 months first only company allow to apply visa? Or in the meantime of that 3 months company can just apply?

A person cant apply for an EP in any situation, only the employer.  No cooling period if a FW has left the country and does not have a valid FWEP, if not worked in Malaysia for 3 years.

If moving to Cat. III (Professional Employment Pass) from being on the FWEP system, there is no cooling off period either.

A foreigner is not a "foreign worker" (that's an immigration category - unskilled labour). A foreigner can  also be a Professional Pass holder (have degree and at least 2-3 yrs relevant experience with minimum salary of RM3000 per month).