Meaning of (inclusive)

Just curious, does (inclusive) mean 100% unlimited usage of electricity and water. If the AC in the apt is running pretty much 24 hours, there is absolutely no extra charges on my part or is there a certain cap on this inclusive thing just like they do for unlimited internet in the UK. Even though it says umlimited they put a certain bandwidth limit for e.g. on the usage of iphone umlimited 3g network.

Just checking, better to be safe than finding a BD 100 electric bill haha..........

and there is no gas in the apt????

Hi rizoo!

I am sure that you will soon get response. ;)

Harmonie. :)

Hi Rizoo,

Basically you have 2 types of lease contract :

Exclusive ==> You will pay for electricity, water, telephone, municipality taxes (10% of the monthly rent) etc...

Inclusive ==> Usually, electricity, water and municipality taxes are directly paid by the landlord. Sometimes, internet or satellite can be included. Telephone I've never heard by who knows...

Be careful ! Read with extreme caution the contract. Whatever the real estate agent told you, whats in the contract is what will be.
Anything the landlord will pay for has to be written. E.g if you are told you will get internet, make sure it's in the contract AND the speed is clearly mentioned. If not you might start with 18 gigs and end up after 6 months with a 512K connexion that will make your your facebook browsing as fluent as if you were in Alaska. Or other example, if a satellite package is provided, make sure it's named in the contract. If not you might start with a great package with a lot of excellent channels and end up with a Chechen package broadcasting only talk shows in Russian :D

So as it's a private contract... We can imagine everything. Just make sure that whatrever was promised to you in written on the lease before signing.

Usually, the real estate agent brings you a draft you can read and amend. Then the landlord will sign, you will sign and you're done !

Friendly yours

Olivier

^^

It depense some appartment/villas are fully electric, some come with gas. Gas comes in big bottles aroung 1.20 meters tall and last quite long. In flats I don't know how they manage.

Have a good evening

Olivier

rizoo wrote:

and there is no gas in the apt????