Traveling to Amman in 2021

Hi all,

I'm looking for travel guide or any interesting place to visit in Amman. I'm currently doing my research on my travel plans but I'm also hoping to get new suggestions in accommodation, local cuisine and historic spot. 

I'm a female solo traveller and this is my first trip to travel alone to overseas, so is it safe to travel alone in Jordan?

Thank you in advance.

you are welcome in jordan
jordan is a safe country and have many sites to visit < if you need any help or have a question.  you can contact me .
best regards

Welcome on board  :cheers:

I can suggest many places to visit but it depends on how long you'll stay in Jordan, your budget and your interest.

Yes it is safe but you have to wait until the airport opens . And I could help you with the best places to visit in Jordan

@Fawaz Yousef

I've been watching travel vlogs and the places the traveller went to are quite similar. So I was wondering is there any locals places in your suggestions? Thank you.

@Primadonna

I am planning a week or maybe two weeks stay in Jordan. My budget is around 800JOD, a budget trip I guess. I'm open to any suggestions because I'm not really familiar with the places around. Thank you.

@Hussam Dad

Yes. That's why I'm planning to visit next year. Thank you for your help.

there are many unique places in jordan such as petra and jerash and dead sea.
you can enter this site and take a look:
http://international.visitjordan.com/

Lol, a female traveling alone to the Middle East for the first time... Is it safe? Depends on your ability to filter through Arab BS. Keep your pants on at all costs and you'll be fine. Keep in mind premarital sex is strictly prohibited in the Middle East, stay away from flirty men who offer you free stuff and gifts and you'll be fine... but I would recommend bringing a female friend from your country to keep you out of trouble. Expect marriage proposals depending on your country of origin, and don't trust their sincerity. Western passports have a lot of value there. Keep yours safe and don't share it with Arab men looking to marry their way out of the Middle East. If you fall for someone, which is nearly guaranteed for a single woman traveling alone in the Middle East, research Islam in detail and be prepared to convert or they'll use you for sex or a passport and ditch you.

There are a number of Roman ruins in Amman worth seeing, Aqaba and Petra. Good food is everywhere, and Arabs are the most hospitable people on the planet... Make as many female friends as you can and limit any contact with men. The Middle East is strictly segregated for a reason. Don't wear anything that shows skin on your shoulders, chest or legs, avoid smiling at strangers and making eye contact with men you don't know. If any man touches you, even your hand, don't allow it. If they don't back off just scream. Anywhere in the Middle East you can count on an army of men and women rushing to help you if you have a problem there.

I think Amman is fairly safe depending on where you go but I think every city is like this. Just use all safety measures any female should be using in any country when she's traveling alone and you'll be fine.

I suggest you take a look through rainbow street, Abdoun and dabouq for nice restaurants and bars. Be careful of balad especially during night because it's usually very crowded and there are a lot of thieves there. But also a great place to visit.

Obviously I'll suggest you visit the usual places for exploring Jordan. Dead Sea, Petra, Jerash, Aqaba, wadi rum. Try and go with groups to these places just to be extra safe and avoid getting ripped off haha.

I would stay in rainbow street because it's cheaper to room with people and there are a lot of foreigners there so you'll be able to make friends easily.

The locals will be very friendly but please stay cautious and safe. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you for the tips. I'm travelling from Malaysia so I have enough knowledge of the do's and don'ts, so I think it will be okay for me. Just a bit worried about the transportation, accommodation and schedule over there.

@zayna123

Thank you for the tips. I'm travelling from Malaysia so I have enough knowledge of the do's and don'ts, so I think it will be okay for me. Just a bit worried about the transportation, accommodation and schedule over there.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. Will do my research on accommodation around there. May I know how do I get on a group trip to dead sea and petra?

Oh I'm sure if you look online you'll find plenty of places. Even if you don't want to do that, you can just book a tour from any tourism shop around Amman, we've got plenty. They're not as expensive as you'd think. I think also if you look through Facebook there should be groups of locals or tourists that plan trips. Hope you have a fun trip!

HI..
I can provide you with the number of my cousin in Amman. He is a driver and works in this aspect and he knows all the areas Amman and Jordan. He can manage everything for you. Write to me before you travel one day the I will provide you with everything.
All the best

Have you decided how long you'll stay?
A week is just barely enough to visit the more famous places. If you have more time, I have more suggestions.
Are you into hiking or adventurous sports?

I am sorry to hear this story,
But in short, it is not just if a Jordanian man Married to a foreigner,
This is also could Happen if the Arab Married another wife after they feel not happy with the first married , the problem starts then and the family will support the first wife especially if she have kids ,
it's complicated and mixed between many wishes belonging to Arab traditional culture.
sometimes there is a big difference between what the man wishes and what his family wishes.

His Family like the kids grows in Arab culture so they can grow with the traditional Arab life.

A complication between desires on the one hand,  and traditions on the other.

But this is not considered a generalization because there are many successful marriages.
Each story has different circumstances.