Thinking of moving to Spain

Hi,

I'm looking to move to Europe in the next year. I'm in my mid-20s and want the experience of living overseas in a new culture while I have the freedom to move around. I've travelled a lot, have studied abroad in London and really just love all of Europe. I am looking to move to Spain because I speak some Spanish and my goal is to become fluent. I just got back from backpacking through Europe and went to Sevilla and Valencia which have become my favorite spots in all of Europe so far. I would love to live in either one of these cities, but I've heard it's really difficult to get a job in Spain so this is a big concern. Has anyone had trouble finding jobs and how have you found it living in Spain? Any suggestions and/or comments would be great!

Hi KMG7,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

anyone having idea of EAE business school in madrid?

Hi KMG7,

Just an FYI, I am from Chicago (33 y.o. male) and I just moved to Barcelona, Spain.  I'm loving it so far and plan on living here 1 or 2 years.  Who knows, maybe more.  I have not found a job yet but to be honest I have not even started looking. 

I can tell you that if you speak any decent amount of Spanish you will most likely find a job.  This is a really big key here, to speak fluent Spanish. 

Also, what type of job are you looking for?  You can always find a bar or restaurant job or probably even a teaching job teaching English.  If you go to the US consulate in Barcelona or Madrid, they have several job postings for Americans.  This is just an idea. 

Also, have you heard of a website called "loquo.com" ??  This is the craigslist of Barcelona and they have many job postings here.  You can check it out and get a gauge of what they have to offer.

I hope this helped.  Feel free to ask me anything you want. 

Take care!

Brian