Northern spain

Hi, i'm new to this site. i've been in Spain for 5 years and am now in Asturias. I have 2 children and work as an English teacher.
I'm renovating an old house in a small village here and would like to meet any other people in northern spain to talk about- building nightmares, raising children, and fitting in here.

Rachel.

Hi Rachel,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get lots of new contacts on the site.

Wish you good luck
Christine

hi although i am in southern spain i have lived here for 8 years i to am reforming a house in a small village. i have 3 children and have a spanish partner i have quite alot of experience with every aspect of life here in Granada province some good some bad. Hope i can help with anything. karen

thanks Karen. I don't get to use the computer very much, but the next problem i encounter- i'll be in touch.

how are you finding doing up your house? is it for your own use or for a business?

how do you manage with 3 children????

speak soon
rachel

hi Rachel
My house is 400sqm its old with thick walls and beams etc. Its turning out to be a larger project than first thought and more expensive things have come to a halt as far as new roof is concerned! Me and my partner have done everything from stripping beams, new floors, totally new experience iremember going to the builders and describing the bricks i wanted he asked me wheres your builder and i said i am the builder i got one of those looks.
I have connor whos 11, jades 10 and manuel whos 6 months. lifes manic but great fun. I also run a small shop in the town selling bits and pieces, cleaning products etc. There is not alot of work in our area and the village has felt the crisis.

Hows your reform going? Are you doing it yourself? How old are your children? Do they like it here in Spain?

Karen

Hi Rachel,

I am a mother of two and have been in Spain for 10 years. We are also building a house in Asturias. It would be great to meet up for a coffee and have a chat. Let me know if you are interested.

Have you been to Grado before?

Noreen