WP or commune card extention.

Dear all.
My WP or commune card will expire in Dec 2020 and my employer is thinking to extend. I'm already in Belgium. Can someone help me o answer below questions?
1) What is the process?
2) When do I need to kick process, in my case?
3) How long this renewal process will take?

Thanks In Advance

Hello,

These issues have already been debated dozens of times. Please read the old threads

thank you

sagar_nv wrote:

Dear all.
My WP or commune card will expire in Dec 2020 and my employer is thinking to extend. I'm already in Belgium. Can someone help me o answer below questions?
1) What is the process?

Thanks In Advance

As said this is quite explained here, but here some help:

The process is the same, you should start 6 months before, at least! Quite long (can take the 6 months) as any Single Permit, specially if your first permit wasn't a Single Permit.

sagar_nv wrote:

Dear all.
1) What is the process?

Thanks In Advance

I think best is to check with HR since the process should be triggered by your employer.

I am currently on a temporary work permit (kind of graduate intern) that is expiring in October. I am non EU. My employer has offered me a permanent contract. Therefore I'm required to send some documents like my 'graduation certificate' to him. He tells me this is going to be treated as a new application. However my certificate is not legalized. My question is do I need to get it legalized first.  Now that I'm already in Belgium with a resident permit too.  Or is it even required for the work permit B process.
Note: I was not required to use it earlier since I was recruited as  a graduate intern rather than a full time employee

Let`s be clear to help everyone, there is no Pre-Process, Pre-permit, semi-permit, half or anything else.

New Single Permit = Renew permit = permit started here = permit started in your country (which is usually the legal way, because is a little harder to someone get a Internship here as your case).

So yes, all documents are mandatory as for anyone. Use DOFI (in FR or NL) for information.
https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guidedesprocedures/Pages/Permis-
unique.aspx

In the case of your Diploma, is the same will need to be translated (sworn) and legalized (apostille).

Note: there's no apostille in Ugandan, only full legalization is possible.

Meaning that each legal documents must be fully legalized by the ministry of foreign affair in Ugandan, then by the Belgian Embassy, then send back in Belgium.
You can mandate a friend / family to do it for you. (Mandate is mandatory for Belgium Embassy if you can't go by yourself)

==>
Ugandan foreign ministry recognized the signature/seal, approve/do the translation and stamp the documents (they do not recognized the content, only the signature).
Belgian Embassy recognized the stamp of Ugandan and stamp the documents for usage in Belgium (they do not recognized the content, only the signature).