2.5k + 1.7k NETTO enough to live in Antwerp? (couple)

Hey there, it's my first day here!  :D

We are a couple trying to move to Antwerp. We have some job positions and we need to know if it is enough and what we can expect every month. 

My Job: 2.5k€ per month (after tax) + car + fuel card + phone (gsm included) + laptop;
My Wife: 1.7k€ per month (after tax)

We are looking for an apartment to stay for the long term so the price isn't the most important thing and we don't try to cut much in this area, so we saw some apartment for 1k - 1.3k (with expenses).

After paying (suppose 1.5k apartment rent in the MAX) our paycheck is enough? Since we need to pay food etc

Try www.numbeo.com for costs. Also check through the threads here too.

Try www.numbeo.com for costs. Also check through the threads here too.

You'll be clearly comfortable, without checking your bank account every last days of the month to know if there's anything left on it.

It's enough if we want to travel + dinner out etc ?

corelhas wrote:

Hello,

There are Belgian families who do not even receive a quarter of your monthly income. So enough!

Nobody knows your needs and / or desires. And this is not our problem.

Now if you want to be logical and basic, use the calculation pronounced by Belgian banks:
- 1/3 accommodation and monthly charge
- 1/3 everyday living expenses, vehicles with monthly charges, insurance, ...
- 1/3 free to choose.

corelhas wrote:

By my experience with a similar budget, yes you can easily, but be in mind dinning in Belgium is more expensive than Lisbon. Of course this depends on you life way.

But I notice that you have a full package, car+fuel, so why not use it? You can live a little further, and get a better and cheaper home. If you save 200-300eur, there is enough budget to the extras.

Short answer, don't hesitate and come! :) It's enough and you will adapt your life style to Belgium.

Of course you can live comfortably with that monthly income.

If you don't have kid yet, I think you even can put your wife's income aside as savings.

Should be more than sufficient.
Travel expenses and hospitalization is covered by employer.
On an average a couple spend around 2k to 2.2k with a good lifestyle (eat out, parties local travel ..etc)