Moving to Antwerp in a week (some questions)

Hello people,

I'm moving to Antwerp in a week to do my PhD. I have been lurking these forums for a while now, and have decided that Zuid would be my area of choice to live in. I am aware of the general costs of living and all that.

However, as a geek, the telecoms area has rarely been mentioned. Any suggestions as to which ISP would be best (good connection, decent customer service, etc.)? I have looked into Dommel and looks good on face value. Also, which mobile network would be best? I like what I see from Proximus, particularly because of the 4G coverage.

Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Tot ziens

ISP provider depends on post code.... so start there. internet is very expensive in Belgium.

Hi tervurener,

Thank you for getting back to me. Internet in Belgium is very reasonable, we pay double here is South Africa and that is for a 1Mbit line. Any idea which ISPs I should perhaps avoid?

please don't listen to anyone's individual opinions on ISPs. Instead look up the number of complaints V number of customers. I assume you speak Afrikaans? In which case you should be able to negotiate google in Dutch to find this information. But to start with, you need to google which ISP providers are possible in each post code.

Thanks, tervurener. Advice taken.

I use Telenet and no complaints. Its fast and pretty good customer service (of course there would be people having complaints about customer service of any company).
You said Telecom, so are you looking for Internet service or a Mobile Phone service with data plans?

hallo
i would suggest you try to combine your internet and mobile Phone with the same provider. it will be cheaper. The big ones are belgacom/proximus and telenet
succes

To check what TV / ISP / phone packages and companies are available in each area, you check this link. Belgacom is country-wide, the cable companies like Telenet and Voo are not and post code dependent.
astel.be/comparatif