Living in Belgium with Net salary 2000 Euro

Hi,

I am going to receive an offer for 2000 euro net salary. The salary will be given for 13.92 months and I have medical insurance and group insurance. Do you think this salary is good for living for two persons(If getting married later)? I have 10 Years experience in IT sector and I live in Egypt.

Thanks,

Welcome to the Forum :)

To calculate taxes in Belgium please use this CALCULATOR

Cost of Living Calculator please use this SITE.

Thank you SimCity, Ya I know the net salary now is going to be 2000 euro after all the tax deductions. I need to know if it's good for living in Ghent? what would be the average costs of living per person and if for a family of two without children?

Ihady wrote:

Thank you SimCity, Ya I know the net salary now is going to be 2000 euro after all the tax deductions. I need to know if it's good for living in Ghent? what would be the average costs of living per person and if for a family of two without children?

Please reread my first post all the info you need is given there.

Hi Ihady,

First of all you are the only one who can judge if this salary meets your personal needs based on your current situation and your expectations. It would be wise to first search for the cost of living in belgium (pricisely in Ghent).

To help you decide, and based on a similar situation (my sitatution but not the same salary and city) lets put some numbers:

Rental: immoweb.be is a good website when it comes to searching for the cost of rental- let's assume you will spend around 700 € for a decent appartment+ 75 € for common charges
Bills : Electricity, water, gaz around 150 €
Groceries : for 2 persons 400€
Internet, phone, TV: 75€
Transportation: 100€ (Public transport subscription for 2)
Others (Docter, gym, furniture....) 100€

Total= 1600€, you will still save 400€

So, to answer your question- yes this a decent salary.

Also don't forget that in case of getting married and your spouse is not working you will have around 250 to 300€ netto in addition to your salary.

I hope that answers your question

Thank you very much No22 that was helpful :)