Seeking Personal exp. Antwerp- 130K EUR for a family of 3?

Hello beautiful people

Excited to be here and make new friends

Looking for some personal experiences, is 130k gross enough for a family of 2 and a new born.

I am aware about all the high taxes and social contributions and we are currently living in Singapore which is a big contrast in taxes (15% vs 50%)

We plan to live in the city 3BR apartment + company car & fuel provided by employer. We live quite comfortably here with 3-4 meals outside in medium-high range restaurants/cafes + 2/3 vacations a year (pre covid)

IS 4,6k -5k EUR NET good enough to live very comfortably, even if i save minimal (700-1000 EUR a month)?

Looking out for your experiences and probably seeing some of you if we make a move

Cheers

Hello, why do you want to leave Singapore? I don't think so it's a good idea. However, depending on which background are you coimng. I am open to change our information because I am interested in the reverse path... living in Belgium and willing to immigrate to Singapur

Hi Mahdavi

Absolutely a valid question.

I have no complaints against Singapore, its a perfect place to raise a family (low taxes, excellent public transport, low pollution, very safe etc etc, the list is long)

I just got a good profile and company to work with in Antwerp, which will enrich my professional experience. Thats the only motivation

Thanks

I suggest think more. Not everything is about money. The culture and people around you are more matter. You should also consider language learning. Although here they speak english well and will smile to you but they don't treat good if you are not one of them.

If you think Singapore doesn't have those kind of people who won't treat you nicely behind your back, then you are living in a bubble.

This is a challenge that comes to every expat living in every corner of the world you may move. But thanks for the advice and i will give you one advice in return- if you want to make money then come and live in Singapore or Dubai. So the answer is, its not about the money for me 😂

God bless

In my opinion, Singapore is better choice but only problem is they don't give PR or citizenship easily to expats.

For your question, yes net salary 4-5K is sufficient for you in Antwerp. You can follow city living expense at numbeo.

Personally i would like to come to Singapore as it's near to my home country and house help available.
But sadly i didn't found opportunity there :(