Belgium Visa D vs Belgium EU blue card visa

Hello Friends,

Hope you are doing well.

I am currently in discussion with employer based in Belgium and they want to hire me and they mentioned that they will process my Belgium Visa D for me and later my family can join. Currently I am in France in EU Blue card (18 months). On my current EU blue card I can join any other company without new work permit.

I inform the future employer that my EU Blue card which is issued in France will be accepted in Belgium but they mentioned I will not be eligible to work with EU blue card which is issued in France and they want to process single work permit for me which is Visa D.

I know Belgium also has EU Blue card. Future emplyer is offering me salary range which is above Belgium Blue card.

Can you please let me know difference between Visa D and Belgium EU Blue card?

I want my spouse can join company without any new work permit in future. Also, will it be possible for me to switch other company in Future years if I now proceed with Visa D?

Thank you in advance.

Hello ashish123cr and welcome among us !

I'm Loïc and i'm glad to meet you :)

Regarding visas, maybe you will find something interesting in our article Visas for Belgium that will, I hope, help you in your expatriation process.

Otherwise, our expat community is here to help you answer these questions :)

Also, I moved your topic to the Belgium Forum, so you could have very specific answers ;)

Have a great day.

Regards.

Loïc

Thank you Loic.... I saw my topic but could not get much clarity about it.

I wanted to check if I can continue with my EU Blue card issued by France so it can accumulate my period of stay in EU and will help to get faster PR.

Hello,

In reality, it is the usual European complexity and the difficulty of many societies to take the plunge.

The European blue card is valid on both sides of the border. But each European state still continues to add a layer from a national work permit point of view.

Therefore, by law you should be able to work while the national file follows the national process.

Hello Phipiemar,

Thank you for your response.

I want to share the Beligium official fact  (may be official website) to next employer that my current EU blue card will be acceptable by Belgium (I know Belgium authority will  provide me new Blue card on the basis of current blue card) but where I can find this officical infomation.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Ashish Bagde

I think it is because of this that each European state publishes its own bluecard.

The card gives cardholders the possibility of returning to their country of origin or to other third countries for a maximum of one year without losing the card. Bluecard holders can also travel to other Schengen countries for up to 90 days per 180 day period as a tourist. Those who have had a bluecard for at least 18 months can apply for a bluecard from another state, if necessary. This extends to family members who have a residence permit with subsequent immigration of family members.

Holders of the European Blue Card can apply for family reunification, and spouses can obtain a residence permit even if they do not know the language before entering the country.

A holder of a blue card can apply for a right of permanent residence in the European country after a certain time.

https://ec.europa.eu/immigration/blue-card_enhttps://www.vlaanderen.be/en/working/eu … foreigners

Hello Phipiemar,

Thank you for your response.

Do you have any idea about difference between Visa type D single permit (Belgium) and Belugium EU Blue card so that I can let the future employer know the difference and request to get Belugium EU Blue card.

I dont know why they are insisting for Single permit Visa type D.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ashish Bagde

Hello,

If you've read correctly my previous answer, you can find the answer to your question.

Bluecard is a kind of light version of D one. You have the same right except for the right of travel outside of Belgium....

ashish123cr,

Two major differences:

Immigration:

With Bluecard you can change country of work later on without losing work experience.
So if after few years on blue card you will decide immigrate to Germany (or other EU-state), for instance, you won't loos years of experience.

Salary:

Minimal salary on BlueCrad is higher 52,978 vs 40,971.00
https://www.werk.be/en/work-permits/wor … fied-staffhttps://www.werk.be/en/information-serv … ent-permit

Regards,
Konstantin

KonstantinK wrote:

ashish123cr,

Two major differences:

Immigration:

With Bluecard you can change country of work later on without losing work experience.
So if after few years on blue card you will decide immigrate to Germany (or other EU-state), for instance, you won't loos years of experience.

Salary:

Minimal salary on BlueCrad is higher 52,978 vs 40,971.00
https://www.werk.be/en/work-permits/wor … fied-staffhttps://www.werk.be/en/information-serv … ent-permit

Regards,
Konstantin

Hello,

How would changing countries lose years of professional experience? Your argument is illogical ...

The interest for the person who already has bluecard for several years is above all to facilitate / simplify the transfer from one European country to another ...

The question of the minimum wage requested is just made to filter the application files to allow a quality expatriation on the idea of that of Canada.

On the other hand, what you ignore as a lot of people is the period of presence outside the territory which is limited to 90 days ...

I think that what Konstantin wanted to say is:
as a H-card holder (blue card), stays in different other Schengen States can be taken into account for requesting the permanent resident status.

The general rule is:
the requestor must have already work 5 years in EU under blue card status AND he is already in Belgium since 2 years.

Meaning that they don't have to proof they've been living & working in Belgium since 5 years.

Hi Ashish,

Hope you are doing well.

Did you manage to convert your French BlueCard to Belgian BlueCard? If you possible you can also share your experience around this?

Thanks in Advance!