Who is paying for who ??

Having purchased an apartment in a block it would seem others are paying for work on other apartments.

One owner is claiming that the outside wall of her apartment lets in rainwater and caused damage to her apartment,

Now she and the administrator wants us to pay for the wall of her apartment to be repaired and the damage inside repaired at other owners cost?

Both she and the administrator have not given any proof of their claims whatsoever.

They have not shown any photos or provided any architects report on any damage and the cause of damage. they administrator certainly hasn't any qualifications .

How can others be held responsible and have to pay? ?? its not an adjoining wall to anyone it's an outside wall to the elements it's her apartment.

Can this be real ?? or is it a con .

Suggest you ask a professional about major life impacting legal issues rather than a bunch of random strangers on the internet.

Reply to Volcano

The question was asked, as some others may have had such an experience  and a bunch of strangers and you put it, having the experience to share with integrity

And where would you find such a person of integrity that you suggest?  , the administrator is meant to be one of such persons but obviously he is not.

Isit wrote:

Reply to Volcano

The question was asked, as some others may have had such an experience  and a bunch of strangers and you put it, having the experience to share with integrity

And where would you find such a person of integrity that you suggest?  , the administrator is meant to be one of such persons but obviously he is not.

Administrators are normal people with general knowledge not necessary legal knowledge that's why you would be advised to speak to a notary.

Isit wrote:

Reply to Volcano

The administrator isn't legally qualified, and probably friends with the other owner.

Your purchase agreement would stipulate what are the shared costs of the building and whats up to owners, and how that is interpreted is up to a lawyer.  And each building is unique and will have unique shared cost structures.

We really can't help you :)

Reply to GOZOMO
Hi Thank your reply
'Administrators are normal people with general knowledge'
So it's normal not to be given receipts, vat receipts and for them to help themselves to funds from the owner's kitty.

To quote work with details of materials , the contractors who will do the work , Quote its a fixed price, to give guarantees of workmanship and faulty materials, take everyone's money,

Only then to change the material without saying a word
Change the contractors  without saying a word
Dishonour any guarantees  on the botched work
Take additional funds without authority from the owner's kitty without saying a word.

These are normal people ??? WOW

Valcan

The parts that are common parts are shared expense
that is to say like passageways/corridors, pathways, stairs, roofs, entrance.

Outside Walls of other peoples apart are not a common area.

Imagine in fact it should be taken as a warning against anyone thinking of purchasing a property

Earlier one  mentioned the word normal, but nothing is normal

When you purchase a property, you have it surveyed  that the survey is for the property you are buying,

not the one next door or the one upstairs or the one other the other side, but the one you are buying.  CORRECT?

So you have had the placed surveyed and the architect gave the OK thumbs up,

you finalise the purchase and take the key to the captioned property  Correct ??

Then later you get a notice, that the apartment next door the one downstairs the one other the other side all need repairs  , here is your bill for 10,000 Your share of the cost.

Now imagine the cost if when purchasing an apartment you would need to have every apartment in the blocked survey .  and would you purchase anything if, it revelled that other apartments need work on them because they neglected their upkeep and you would need to pay for it >

And if you were the seller, your apartment would be unsalable or you would need to sell at a loss, who would be it if the buyer then had to payout for others to have their apartment repaired.

GozoMo wrote:
Isit wrote:

Reply to Volcano

Administrators are normal people with general knowledge not necessary legal knowledge that's why you would be advised to speak to a notary.

I was referring to administrators on here.

Isit wrote:

Outside Walls of other peoples apart are not a common area.

Good luck keeping your flat above hers up when her outside wall colapse. It's a shared wall.

Hence the outside/structural components of a building DO in fact tend to fall within the shared responsibility of all the tenants.

Not much more point in these replies though, find a architect and lawyer.

Volcan
That's where you are wrong   in your assumption  as the captioned apartment is in another section to which I am not connected to, also the wall is not in a state of falling down  she claims damp comes through, it's rather strange being 4 floors up,

Your reply with  WE CANT HELP YOU,

Could I just ask you one question on that,  is that comment in YOUR official appointed position of spokesperson for this Forum or simple a self-appointed one .

Hi GozoMO

Yes, I know you were referring to the administrator,

As I was when giving an example of his fraudulent manner and conduct of changing the materials etc after quoting others and people giving their money on that basis, I understand that to change the materials etc from those given then substitute them for others once receiving your money and not informing anyone of any changes, is fraudulent.

Much like you buying a Diamond ring with   Jeweller telling you its a diamond, sells it to you as a diamond, only then to find he switched the one he showed you for a fake diamond.

Hi GozoMO

Yes, I know you were referring to the administrator,

As I was when giving an example of his fraudulent manner and conduct of changing the materials etc after quoting others and people giving their money on that basis, I understand that to change the materials etc from those given then substitute them for others once receiving your money and not informing anyone of any changes, is fraudulent.

Much like you buying a Diamond ring with   Jeweller telling you its a diamond, sells it to you as a diamond, only then to find he switched the one he showed you for a fake diamond.