You can live in a camper at malta?

Hi everybody

This is mine idea but I'm thinking about it.

Where is the pros and cons for Malta state?
I don't want to do nuisance to the beautiful isle of Malta.
I will respect the island because don't like create a issues.

PS: i hope to explain good, my english is not very good. I whant travel to malta for undestand English and if i can buy a house in long term( my dream )

Don't think there are any official sites you can live in a camper van, but there are some illegal areas between St Paul's Bay and Pembroke.
Personally, I think the police should move in and close them down!
It looks a mess and inhibits locals from using those coast areas!

Ray

If you decide to live here you will need to apply for a residence card and living in a camper van would not give you a permanent address.

GozoMo wrote:

If you decide to live here you will need to apply for a residence card and living in a camper van would not give you a permanent address.

Luckily you do not need a permanent address to apply for res card these days

volcane wrote:
GozoMo wrote:

I don't know whether you need an address to send correspondence from them when your card is ready, I know you are not supposed to need a permanent address but  sometimes it depends on who you see when applying.

GozoMo wrote:
volcane wrote:
GozoMo wrote:

I don't know whether you need an address to send correspondence from them when your card is ready, I know you are not supposed to need a permanent address but  sometimes it depends on who you see when applying.

Well they do have to send you a letter to ask you to collect the card so not sure how you could apply for one without an address.

RayAucote wrote:

Well they do have to send you a letter to ask you to collect the card so not sure how you could apply for one without an address.

you give up a friends address etc, I've done it often for new arrivals I knew, they dont ask for proof that you live there, just where to send it.

I think you will be at risk living in a camper van from the authorities moving you on and despite what is said, if you can't use someone else's address then you will not be able to get your residence card.
Because of moving we have applied 3 times and we have ALWAYS been asked for a copy of our lease contract!
That may not be required by EU regulations but it mostly is in Malta and of course there has to be an address printed on your card, so 'camper van somewhere' is not likely to do!

Ray

volcane wrote:
RayAucote wrote:

you give up a friends address etc, I've done it often for new arrivals I knew, they dont ask for proof that you live there, just where to send it.

So when your friends move to their place do they then change their cards or keep the card with the wrong address?

volcane wrote:
RayAucote wrote:

I had to provide our lease agreements, both times we've been to Victoria.

As in so many cases of where there's a conflict between little local requirements and the rule of law, it's really quite simple: those non-Maltese EU / EEA / Swiss ‘e-Residence Card' registrants who are aware that any requirement by the Maltese authorities for a lease agreement / rental contract is in breach of the law - and, if and when it is necessary - make it clear and plain to the Maltese authorities that any requirement by the Maltese authorities for a lease agreement / rental contract is in breach of the law, are not required to provide the Maltese authorities with a lease agreement / rental contract.

Of course, it is at the individual non-Maltese EU / EEA / Swiss citizen's discretion if they are among those law-abiding citizens who uphold the rule of law or if they are among those who meekly roll over and comply with the requirements of those entities which don't.

Ok Thanks for your responde, :-)
For my opinion it's resolve topic.

Fionn wrote:

Of course, it is at the individual non-Maltese EU / EEA / Swiss citizen's discretion if they are among those law-abiding citizens who uphold the rule of law or if they are among those who meekly roll over and comply with the requirements of those entities which don't.

It is more a case of 'those who meekly roll over', as you rather disparagingly describe them, who follow the requirements made of them by the officials at Identity Malta that they deal with at the time.

Ray

When applying for your eresidency you will have to provide proof of an address, eg, a rental agreement . My address is printed on the back of my residency card. I'm not sure if a camper van is valid.

No chance. A proper residence address is required.
Apart from the reality that the only 'official' sites for caravans / campers have inadequate water/power and importantly sewerage disposal facilities.