Temp unemployent or Leave without pay during Covid - 19

Hello Everyone,

As most of you are aware that due to covid-19 many people are loosing Jobs or are placed on Temp unemployment due to low business.

I have a situation, my client has asked all the external employees to work for 4 days a week and take mandatory leave for 1 day till end of August 2020. This is a cost cutting measure which benefits all as they do not have to layoff other employees which according to me is a terrific idea.

Now,
My employer suggests that as the client has this measure for cost-cutting, and I do not have leaves in my kitty, they will put me on temp unemployment for 4 days every month. Advantage of that is I do not loose the entire salary and will get paid 70% for that day.

So in total, I will have 12 days of temp unemployment in 2020 due to covid-19 crisis (I have 4 days leave available). 

My questions,
Will this create any issue for my PR which I will be applying in 2022 ?   
Will this create any issue for my dependents during their RP renewals in 2020 ?

Let me know if anyone else is also facing a similar issue.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

kR,
Rohit.

I hope you get an answer other than "everything is on hold".
Because I would like to know as well.

This is an exceptional period for everybody.
Your situation is perfectly understandable and you'll not be penalized because of your 4/5, dixit immigration website.

It would be the case if your lose your job and don't find another one immediately, which is not your case.
As long as you're working, you can take care of your family. So, no problem for them.
Have a good breathe, you're safe :cheers:

I am on temp unemployment 15 days a month and it might be more in the next months. Will those days be counted when I want to apply for PR?

Thanks for the inputs alex.
I was searching for similar information regarding force majeure and permanent residency but did not get any information so far.

Update - I have gone for the temp unemployment option for working 4 days a week till end of Aug 2020.

My employer has confirmed that there should be no impact to my PR or dependent SP due to me opting for Temp unemployment benefit due to 'Force Majeure'.

Rohit45 wrote:

Update - I have gone for the temp unemployment option for working 4 days a week till end of Aug 2020.

My employer has confirmed that there should be no impact to my PR or dependent SP due to me opting for Temp unemployment benefit due to 'Force Majeure'.

Hello,

This is exactly what has been said and repeated from the start to everyone in Belgium.

The government having declared a case of force majeure, all basic procedures are suspended and no employer is authorized to take sanctions ...

Can you share the link where this is mentioned.
I could not find any information for the foreigners who are still under SP and yet to apply PR.

Hello,

First, please be courteous and polite in saying "Hello".

Second, take the time to read everything and think when you are on official Belgian state websites.
- https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Pages/home.aspx
- http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … t-covid-19

Third, as it is well marked on official websites, almost the majority of information is in the three Belgian national languages. Because English is not an official Belgian language.

Regards

Hello,

Pardon me for that but it was a quick revert.
I already said hello to everyone in my first post.

I have already checked the FR & NL websites and mentioned that I did not find any info for my peculiar question.

The links you shared have already been checked by me and it has the general info for the SP and does not mention what happens to enstrangers if they apply for temp unemployment due to force majeure on their long term stay in BE.

Kr,
Rohit