Work-Permit and unemployed

Hello Everyone,

I am from outside the EU have been Working in Brussels for two years now, due to the current situation i will lose my job.

I have a residency for another two years based on my working permit, but the working permit will not be valid anymore "as the company is firing me"

can anyone help me with these questions:

- For how long can i stay in Belgium after getting fired
- if I need to leave the country within 90 days or so, can I come back and stay for another 90 days very time?
- Can I apply for the unemployment benefits, and for how long will they pay me?

Hi!
Do you have any update about your situation? I've been fired today...:(

Dear,

Please i advise you to send an e-mail to below service from federal belgian government to explain your situation.
I see that you have been working in Belgium 3 months now! Normally as employee there should be a clause in your contract that employer has to pay you indemnity for several weeks or months after firing. But this office below they will be able to tell you the truth for your situation now without employment.
Please contact them asap!

I wish you a lot of success!

infodesk[at]ibz.fgov.be

Am so sorry to hear that, well you have three monthes fto find a new job providing a work permit or you need to leave the country and apy trom your country, during these monthes you can receive money from your company or the social securoty as unemployed benifit, wish you all the best and have faith, there are a lot of opportunities in belgium, keep looking around and consoder this a winter vacation

Sorry to hear that, may I know the reason? Downsizing.....

Thank you so much for your support!!

Now I am ready to tell my story. In Belgium I worked as Assistant Manager. The problem was in my high position. I worked at the same company in Russia, in Russia we have a bit different career stairs, I had to work 3 years as assistant and then 3 years as senior to be promoted to assistant manager. At the moment when I signed the job offer, I worked only 1 year as a senior in Russia. So, I literally got a super promotion, but I didn't think how hard it is... the work was too hard for me, especially new country, high position, lockdown, and also the company expected from me more. After 1 year of work, they just told me that I didn't meet their expectations.

90 days to find another job and apply for another single permit. I searched as crazy days and nights. It's not easy at all!! Because I can't speak Dutch. But it's possible! And if somebody will be at the same situation, I just want to say that everything will be okey! After 1 month of searching I found.

Another question is a new single permit, the employer asks me to provide the medical certification and the police records. But all my original documents are sent to the migration center when I applied for my first permit, and now I have an ID and annex 46. Should I really provide these documents? I thought I need it only to enter the country

In fact, your next company is asking you to provide the full list of documents that Flanders/Brussels/Wallonia do request when doing the request from abroad.
They don't consider that you're already in Belgium, and so, these 2 documents are useless as you should provide a copy of your Belgian foreigner id card (both side), the national number is enough for them.
But still, you should go to your commune and request your Belgian criminal record there.

About the medical certificate, there's no way they need it... it's only need for the visa request to make sure you don't have the tuberculosis and other kind of disease.
But if they really want, which I doubt, you just need a checkup at any hospital (+ x-ray of the lungs).

AFAIK, medical certificate is actually your insurance certificate which is mandatory to provide during your single permit apply. This certificate usually is private insurance for expats.
In general, your passport,medical certificate, belgian Resident permit copies, contract with employer are mandatory. It doesn't matter if you in Belgium or outside as these are mandatory.
For outsiders, if it's first time, some additional document might required like medical tests/checkup to provide you don't have TB and other things.

No, the medical certificate is not the same as insurance certificate. It is a different document that should be filled by any certified doctor in Belgium. The form to fill is a standard one to prove that the candidate does not suffer from infectious diseases even if he is already in Belgium.

AlexFromBelgium wrote:

In fact, your next company is asking you to provide the full list of documents that Flanders/Brussels/Wallonia do request when doing the request from abroad.
They don't consider that you're already in Belgium, and so, these 2 documents are useless as you should provide a copy of your Belgian foreigner id card (both side), the national number is enough for them.
But still, you should go to your commune and request your Belgian criminal record there.

About the medical certificate, there's no way they need it... it's only need for the visa request to make sure you don't have the tuberculosis and other kind of disease.
But if they really want, which I doubt, you just need a checkup at any hospital (+ x-ray of the lungs).

If I recall correctly when I changed my first job, the medical certificate is required if you've been staying in Belgium less than 2 years.

But it is like 10 years ago already, the rule may have been changed since.

To complete my story, I found the job after 1 month of searching. :)

For a new work permit I sent the same documents, the police clearance and medical certificate I got here in Belgium as my last residence. Belgium government additionally asked me to provide the confirmation that I have medical insurance and confirmation that I don't work anymore with my previous employer (I sent document C4, you get this document only if you are fired).

I am surprised, but everything is okey, today I received my work permit. One interesting fact, the city hall will replace my current A card for a new one, but they change only the expiry date.

Good luck to everyone!

@BassilOkaily Hello it is possible to receive money from unemployment insurance during these three months? I just have onlye 15 months working here,

and I got fired

@BassilOkaily can we ask for unemployment benefits during those three months? I have the same situation

Hello Everyone,

I am from outside the EU have been Working in Brussels for two years now, due to the current situation i will lose my job.

I have a residency for another two years based on my working permit, but the working permit will not be valid anymore "as the company is firing me"

can anyone help me with these questions:

- For how long can i stay in Belgium after getting fired
- if I need to leave the country within 90 days or so, can I come back and stay for another 90 days very time?
- Can I apply for the unemployment benefits, and for how long will they pay me?
-@BassilOkaily

Hello, I have the same situation. What was your experience