Medical Documents for a move to Germany

Hello, my name is Kevin and I am from America and will be moving to Germany soon. I am asking other Expats that moved to Germany from the US or anywhere regarding Medical Records. What type of records does the German Health Insurance need in order to get Health Insurance? Or do you not need to bring Medical Records? Or is it safe to bring them just in case? If so, what type of records do I need to get from my medical provider? Thank you in Advance!

-Kevin

The answer to this depends, once again, on which of the two streams of German health insurance you want to or must (as you often have no choice) join: public or private.
In the public scheme, you are admitted regardless of medical pre-conditions and health status. Thus you need to bring no records at all.
In the private scheme, your membership and fees are determined solely by your age, health status (and pre-existing conditions can be excluded or cause surcharges). You will have to attend a thorough medical screening - and here your records might be considered (but most likely they will trust their contracted doctors rather than your foreign records).
In any case, records of prior treatments are helpful if the condition returns, so it is certainly good to bring them along.

Like Beppi mentioned, not important for one on a public plan but yes for a private one. But one should bring such records regardless. One needs to find a general practitioner as their normal doctor and the better you can document your past health situation the better for them. Otherwise, they wouldn't have a clue about any past issues, or lack thereof.