Living in Sweden

Hi,

I am from India and working as an IT consultant. I am likely to work in Sweden for a year and this will be my  first visit to European country. I like Sweden a lot for its natural beauty , beautiful scenary and also for their world class products  like volvo , sandvik to name a few since they have their presence here in India. I am not sure about the living expense in Sweden , my company will provide me accomodation and travel , so i am just wondering if i get 1500 euros per month or 16000 SEK , will it be manageable in Sweden? please provide your valuable thoughts.

Thanks
Benny

Hi Benny,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Hi,

if your company provides you with accommodations, that is 2/3 of your problems gone right there. Unless you have a very lavishing lifestyle, 16000 SEK should be plenty.

I live in Sodermalm and, for the essentials I budget (monthly):

700 SEK for transportation (subway)
600 SEK for phone + internet
4000 SEK Groceries (for 2)

As you can see, you should be fine. You will notice your monthly bill will go up significantly if you start going out and drinking, but that's a different story...

Thanks Sharik for your reply, yes my company provides me accomodation and takes care of travel too , so i think monthly groceries and phone/internet will be my expenses. I dont drink that much :o). I am newly married so we'd like to travel/visit the neighbour countries like germany , swiss etc , so have to take care of that travel expenses and plan accordingly ;). BTW any idea about the place Mellansel ?

Thanks
Benny