30% Ruling after passing interviews while on Tourist Visa

Hi guys,

My girlfriend works in IT and was looking into finding a job in the Netherlands so we can live in together. I myself am an expat and already working in Amsterdam with a 30% ruling, and i could've just sponsored here a partner visa to bring her in right away. However we wanted to see if she could first find a job on her own to see if she can get her own 30% ruling status as her expertise lands on the highly-skilled category.

To increase her odds she was looking to fly in on a tourist visa and then apply for openings. I understand that she would have to fly back to her home country anyway to get her MVV visa processed, but would being interviewed whilst on a tourist visa make her ineligible for the 30% ruling? This is all under the assumption of course that the employer is registered under IND.

Cheers,
MarckyMarc

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It will depend on whether she was regarded as "resident" when in the Netherlands; in other words, if she was registered with the Gemeente within the required timescales, she will be ineligible for the 30% rule.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you for your reply Cynic. If she comes in just for a short stay (let's say 30-days) on a fully independent tourist visa, would she even be required to register in a Gemeente?

No - registration is only required when somebody is intending to stay for more than 4 months.