Foreign massage therapist license

Hello folks,

Is there any non-Dutch individual who works as a massage therapist while having foreign massage therapist license? How did you succeed in the process?

I wrote to NGS sports and wellness massage regarding licensing, but they wrote back everything in Dutch. I was wondering if anyone can translate or more likely EXPLAIN a few concepts, as these concepts are the documents you have to present to the association in order for them to compare your license with Netherlands.

kopie van het diploma; - copy of the diploma

kwalificatiedossier - qualification case? still not clear what it is

kwalificatieprofiel  - qualification profile

toetstermen op basis waarvan het examenprogramma is samengesteld
- test criteria on the basis of which the examination program is composed;  ---the content of the exam???---

examenprogramma op basis waarvan het diploma is verkregen;
- examination program on the basis of which the diploma was obtained; ---content of massage therapist program in the school I graduated from???----

informatie van de examenorganisatie waardoor het examen is afgenomen en het diploma is ver-information from the exam organization through which the exam was taken and the diploma was issued.strekt. - this one looks very vague : ( is it the confirmation that I was a student at the certain school?

Thank you for all future replays,

eagerly looking forward to some light on this topic!

Sincerely, Elena

We're you ever able to get answers to any of this? I'm hoping to come to the Netherlands next year and would like to be able to work as a massage therapist while I'm there.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

If yours is a medical profession, then your diploma needs to be recognised by BIG; this link will take you straight to their website.  Please note, that in order to practice in any medical-related profession in the Netherlands, in addition to your diploma, you also need to speak Dutch; there is a section on the BIG website related to Language proficiency, please read it carefully.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team