Need your advice and experience regarding permanent residence card

Hello, everyone 

I have lived in Belgium for more than five years with work permit B, high skill category, now I have a 3 years single permit, I requested residence card B last year and six months passed, I didn't receive any news, I went to the commune, and the officer told me there is no limitation for the waiting period, they don't know when i will get response, 7 months 8 months? They don't know. They advised me to apply card D? Does anybody have got any experience in applying card B? How long it took for you? If holding a card D, and you loose you job, does card D still valid? Per the explanation from officer, it seems not valid, but card B yes. Do you have any advice if I need to change to D now?

Thank you.

If you hold card B or D, you are a permanent resident, you can work, study or even stay at home.
There is no impact

And yes if you ask for card D, authorities have 5 months to take a decision.

Asking for card B, authorities have unlimited time to take a decision.

wazaki123 wrote:

If you hold card B or D, you are a permanent resident, you can work, study or even stay at home.
There is no impact

And yes if you ask for card D, authorities have 5 months to take a decision.

Asking for card B, authorities have unlimited time to take a decision.

Thank you, that's what I got from commune about the waiting time. It seems card D is better than B? I am still not confident as the officer explained to me, with card D if you loose job, they will cancel your card D.  I want to know the recent experience  regarding the waiting time of card B.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 11#4668063

And you don't lose your d card if you lose your job........
You'd be a permanent resident in Belgium, as long as you're not living Belgium for more than 2 years and unless you do serious crime (murder, ...)