Investing in Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone,

During your expatriation in Saudi Arabia, you might have been made aware of interesting investment schemes (local or international). Whether one wants to make money grow, protect oneself or prepare for retirement, investment is always an attractive option. It is, however, never free of risk. Would you, therefore, like to share some practical information for other expats and expats to be?

Is the Saudi economy open to foreign investment? Do local authorities encourage investment (through formalities, tax etc.)?

What are the promising sectors to invest and do business in Saudi Arabia?

Who do you turn to for information before investing your money? (organisation, professional, lawyer, consultant)

According to the sectors of activity and the projects, what budget should be foreseen for an investment in Saudi Arabia?

What do you think are the pitfalls to avoid and what advice would you give someone who wants to invest?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Diksha

Hi dear,
This is a novel of thinking for an expat if he could invest in the residing country for his future benefits and esp in Saudi Arabia, with the current booming economy as well fore-sighted views in the policy, "why-not?" as there is good Govt support as well public opinion. This is a country which has turned a new leaf towards modern ideas and cultural norms and every one is looking forward for a change which is happening with great enthusiasm. Time is not far away that Saudi Arabia will one day become a safe country for foreign investors because of their strong currency  and good government support. Given a choice and chance, I will have no second thoughts to invest here rather than our home country for the above reasons.

how much your are willing to invest to be specific?
any new value you are bringing to KSA?
this is the site for foreign investment authority  ***
Yacoub Snobar

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Diksha,

As i have read your interests in KSA and i have had the same questions few months ago. As i asked the government officials and other contacts it seemed better for me personally not to invest in KSA because you can not invest directly without any Saudi Involved. So to summerize, it would be better to invest outside KSA due to sharing of profits without any reason.

So my suggestion to you is to keep your money and investment to you and wait for the future when the foreign investors will be independently stand for themselves as they will have equal rights as any other investors in other countries.

Hope i have given the answer. Don't hesitate in contacting back. Cheers!