Bank/marriage visa

I was unable to set up a bank account on my last trip. Each bank seemed to have a different reason for refusing. I am married to a beautiful Thai lady and want to get my Type-O visa. I need to get the account set up and the $400,000.00 Baht in it to apply. I do not have a work permit. I am confused about the process to get the Type-O visa as well. Can I go for an extended period without having the Type-O visa while I am waiting the banks  2 months?  How many times can you go out and come back in each year to extend your stay. Anything you can do to help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

Hello Joe !
Have you tried to cast a glance at the Thailand Guide ?
You may find useful information in there !
Best regards
Loïc

Hi?are you in Thailand or outside?

Hi Joe.
I go to Vientiane for my non- O visa. You have to get on the Vientiane Thai Consulate website and make an appointment. It takes two days to get a visa at the Consulate. The Visa is for 90 days. Before the Visa expires I go to my local immigration office and extend my visa for 60 days. Near the end of the 60 days I return to Vientiane and repeat the process. 2,000 baht for a single entry visa in Laos and 1,900 baht for a visa at the local office

Hi Jo, Pla,
My husband had a type O-M visa from London before they scraped it (I was told - need clarification on this).
One of the conditions of a 1 year type O-M visa is that he has to leave Thailand every 90 days.
His first 90 days he left was due to work reasons. His second 90 days, he went to Sakaeo Immigration border
He spent about half an hour in Cambodia and almost 3 hours at the Thai border.
They weren't going to let him back in, but luckily, head of the border office was there, so he let my husband back in Thailand.
We know that the Sakaeo border won't let anyone come back in the same day. Applicants must spend at least a night in Cambodia side, and we don't know why.
Now we do...
This rule applies only to tourist visa, not O-M visa.
Though, I won't recommend anyone risking it if they can't speak Thai (enough to communicate with locals).

As for the bank, why not try joint account? Bangkok Bank would let you have a joint account but primary account holder must be in your Mrs name. It's quite restricted where only one cash card is issued, and you cannot use mobile banking app, but you can do online banking. However, I didn't see anywhere that said it must be Thai bank.

We also use "Transfer wise" where you can transfer THB to it, provided your main residence is in the UK. You have options to add as many currencies as you need. We both got one, never looked back.

We're going to Sakaeo border again soon for a year extension on the O-M visa.
We will try out a letter of employment stating annual salary other than savings.
It said that it has to be at least 40k THB per month, or 400kTHB or more per year.
By the way, Thai has two types of O-M visas. One is for supporting a Thai spouse, and another is for supporting Thai child/ children.
I have not seen"marriage visa" anywhere.

I hope this helps,

Cheers

Pla&Joe wrote:

I was unable to set up a bank account on my last trip. Each bank seemed to have a different reason for refusing. I am married to a beautiful Thai lady and want to get my Type-O visa. I need to get the account set up and the $400,000.00 Baht in it to apply. I do not have a work permit. I am confused about the process to get the Type-O visa as well. Can I go for an extended period without having the Type-O visa while I am waiting the banks  2 months?  How many times can you go out and come back in each year to extend your stay. Anything you can do to help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

Hi Pla&Joe,

Here are the steps i recieved my Marriage VISA.
Hopefully it helps.

1) I applied the Non-Imm Catergory O VISA in my home country. This VISA will allows me to stay in Thailand for 1 year but needs to exit the country every 90 days. (I went to nearby country every 90 days and re-enter).

2) While im in Thailand with this Non-Imm Catergory O VISA, i was able to setup a Bank account (Bangkok Bank) and place in Baht400K (At least 2 months before applying for Marriage VISA). With this VISA i can stay in Thailand for a year without leaving every 90 days but needs to report in Immigration every 90 days.

Good luck Play&Joe.

You can get a single or multiple entry marriage visa or a visit family visa.
I leave the country and go to Vientiane and get a new visa to visit my Thai family. This is the 90 day visa. A week before this 90 day visa expires I go to my local immigration office and get a visa extension of 60 days. When this visa is ready to expire you can go back to Vientiane, or wherever you choose, and start the process over again if you need to.