Family reunion Visa D June/July/August/September 2019 timeline?

Hi Guys,
im silent reader of this form. I know VISA type D take +- 6 months. in my case, may be this is recent change that i had to pay only 204 contribution fee and no embassy fee of 180 euros. someone else has this experience? confirmed by embassy for art 40 visa D

i heard that Family reunion visa D art 40 is handled by Brussels  now.?? anyone have any update ? this info was provided by DOFi helpline. so im surprised why some file are processed by Embassies?

is someone in in the process of family reunion and has applied visa D in recent months? June/July/August/Sep? any update on the procedure? any timeline?

Many thanks.

so currently there is no one who applied Family reunion recently?

is there anyone to share timeline to help other's to understand the current timeline situation.

ifazal wrote:

is there anyone to share timeline to help other's to understand the current timeline situation.

Hello,

As it is recommended to any newcomer, READ the code of conduct.

You will find tips like:
- READ the guide of the country which you will find under the tab "to discover"
- READ old posts using the search function via the magnifying glass next to your avatar.

99% of newcomer questions have already been answered dozens of times.

Regards,

PS: it's almost impossible to give you exact because it's depend on several factors.

@phipiemar,
thank you for feedback.   from the post it is clear that it is not a question. it is a request to share the timeline to get an idea. on top of it we ( everyone) knows that if you are BE national then MAX is 6  months and if you dont have EU nationality then it is 9 months plus twice 3 months extension is possible.

i agree with you that every case is unique and processed with which priority we do not know.

my request to share the time line is unique itself to the form as all the information is everywhere.  i wanted to create a post in which people can just share that specific information to help other people looking for information. i believe it will save your and other's time. People looking for thins info will go directly to this post and find their answer.
kr

Why create another topic to talk about something is already done?

You must be logic and pragmatic. If everyone starts like you, we will have dedicated topic for every word...

Hai aneeks sir;
what happened?
3 dates are here I am confused

Date de la demande de visa:    May 20 2019
Date de l'enregistrement de la demande de visa par l'Office des étrangers:    Jun 7 2019
Décision:    En traitement
Date de la décision:    Nov 4 2019
extra info1:    Lorsqu'un dossier est encore en traitement ou s'il n'est pas encore traité parce qu'en attente des documents étayant la demande visa envoyés par valise diplomatique, la date indiquée est la date d'enregistrement de la demande de visa par l'OE

Hello Thyanusha,
May 20 is the date you applied for visa. June 7 is the date on which they register your application in Brussels and assigned someone to assess your file. 4 NOV is the date they have made their decision.  but decision is not yet updated probably.
There are four possible results:

- à l'examen (being examined)

- documents complémentaires (additional information or documents needed) *

- accord (visa issued)       

- refus (visa refused)

status should be updated in few hours (4am if I remember well last time I had the case)

thanks for your replies
if I get the result I will share here...
but this case I will get the visa or??....

Wait some more time, DOFI website update is not that fast :) Mostly it is approved. In some cases, it can also be that they asked extra documents. You will get notified by the consulate or VFS in any case. Be patient :)

hi sir
I got decision accord
thank you all

Congrats!!

Thank you for ur sopport....😊😊😊😊

Hello Members,

My wife is a Belgian Born and i am from Sri Lanka. Our marriage was done in Sri Lanka a year ago and i have applied for VISA D -family reunification. Im sharing the timelines to answer some of your questions  (i have been there)

I visited to New Delhi VFS to apply for my visa on 2nd August 2019.

The files was sent to Processing center in Delhi and then from there to Belgium Embassy in Delhi and finally to DOFI in Brussels.

DOFI received my file on 12 September 2019

Status now is "En Traitment"

accdording to the condition and information given to me by DOFI the processing time they take is 6 months.

4 months gone and 2 months more to go 😊

Just wait patiently. Sometimes it takes more than 6 months.

Yes Aneesh! Iam patient.

Shared timelines of my case for the benefit of the other members. 😊

Finally got visa D approved. it took 5 months and 14 days (September - FEB ). Decision was updated " ACCORD " 2 days after actually decision was taken ...
good luck guys.

Mashalah ifzal
congratulation bro

Thanks

As family reunion is approved, now we need to book the ticket. is it ok to travel on oneway ticket on family reunion visa?

It depends which BNL code you can read in the remark field of the visa.

But for family reunion, it "must" be ok.

Thank you Alex. thats what i think too.
but i would like to hear from someone who has experience with this.

im sure there will be many.
Imran

ifazal wrote:

As family reunion is approved, now we need to book the ticket. is it ok to travel on oneway ticket on family reunion visa?

Yes. it is perfectly ok. And travel as soon as possible, before there are travel restrictions (Corona).

ifazal wrote:

but i would like to hear from someone who has experience with this.

No, I didn't experience it. I didn't do the visa for my wife, neither did I make her come to live with me in Belgium.
Neither can I read or understand the laws of my own country...  :huh::huh::huh:

Whuuuut???

Dear Alex,
there is no need to be upset. you have provided valuable information which have helped many of us.

regards,

Hi Ifazal,

Coming on a one way ticket is allowed. I did the the same and had no problem whatsoever.

Its perfectly fine! Safe travels.. 🙂

Hello,
Please,  I'm a non-Eu PhD student and applied together with my family (spouse and infants). My family applied for family reunion D visa Art. 10. could anyone tell me if it's the correct choice or we had to choose family reunion D visa Art. 10bis?
We already submitted our applications two months ago. Our visa can be refused because of this mistake!!!!!

I am also wondering because I haven't yet seen any info about a PhD student being able to move with the family all at once.  The info available is to apply for your student visa first, then you then later apply for family reunification.

Good day Aneesh

Do you have info on whether the type of residence rented in Belgium will be investigated by police in order for a family reunification visa to be approved? I intend to begin a PhD in Belgium in August and immediately apply family reunification for my family. Can I rent any type of appartement or it has to be big enough to take my family when they join me later? Or could I just get a small appartement for the mean time?

Thank you

Adeyola wrote:

Good day Aneesh

Do you have info on whether the type of residence rented in Belgium will be investigated by police in order for a family reunification visa to be approved? I intend to begin a PhD in Belgium in August and immediately apply family reunification for my family. Can I rent any type of appartement or it has to be big enough to take my family when they join me later? Or could I just get a small appartement for the mean time?

Thank you

I may not be up2date since my experience was more than 10 years ago.

You only can apply family reunification when you get your own card A which will take few months.

Your apartment should be big enough to accommodate your family. If I remember correctly, there is a rule about # of square meters per person. Normally, police will pay a visit but during this pandemic time, I hardly think so.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone

I am looking to bring my Fiancé and her daughter over to join me in Belgium where I emigrated for work, We have been together for 14 years and been engaged for 3 years now, but not married, nor does our country have Registered partners.

Her Daughter is 17 and studied Cambridge syllabus and I would like o bring her over with her mom to study here.

Can anyone please suggest who to contact as to enquire how I can proceed and see How my partner can join me as we are not married?

Appreciate any assistance

Kind Regards

Dennym