Unemployment benefits/ Rent allowance in Germany

Hello! I've found an apartment in Germany & will be moving there mid September!

I have a few  questions though, I haven't got a job lined up ( I plan on getting one once I've settled in) so I will need some sort of income to pay for rent, utility bills,etc.

My question is will I be getting unemployment benefits straight away or is there a waiting period?

I like travelling & visiting new countries, besides my home country & Germany, I haven't been on vacation to any other country!

So how often will I have to attend the jobcentre? Is it possible to go on holiday to another country for 2 weeks for example? How often are you allowed to go on holiday whilst registered as a jobseeker?

Hi there...I've been living in Germany for 10 years and in this period was on the welfare system for a short while between jobs.

Firstly you can't just arrive and expect welfare. Even for people who have German passports one needs to be classified as a citizen and this only comes with living and working in Germany for some time and quite a pedantic paperwork process.  Secondly, the welfare is not as it may be advertised in countries out of the EU. You don't just get a pay cheque every month....put your feet up and shoot the breeze while casually looking for a job. You are phoned and you get random invitations sent to your home to report in for appointments. You need to provide proof of looking for work constantly and these appointments they require you to attend sometimes only have a days warning. The mail in Germany takes only 1 day. This is specifically designed to stop ppl abusing the system.  They are of the mind that if you're taking money from them and unemployed....you will arrive at the appointment as you have no excuse not to. You can cancel and reschedule.....but believe me when I say they are on you.  And if they get suspicious they cut the funds. So this idea of just arriving and getting money from the welfare to casually travel inbetween isn't going to happen. This is the case for basically all EU countries as they are not stupid when it comes to ppl who try their luck.