How a German citizen can get Legal Capacity to marry in Philippines?

Hi good day to every one ,
Im Ruth , filipina .I have german boyfriend and were planning to get  marry me here in Philippines . Does he need any documents from me for getting legal capacity  ? If any , what are those?
Please help me . Hope to recieve reply very soon.

Thank you and God Bless.

Maybe your fiancée can get in touch with the Embassy of the Philippines or to contact the city hall where he is living.

Hi Ruth,
Based on my experience, your boyfriend needs to submit to the German embassy in the Philippines A certificate of no impediment to marriage and the German embassy will be the one to give you the Certificate of Legal capacity to marry. But in order for your boyfriend to get this certificate of no impediment to marriage, you must send him your documents like your NSO birth certificate, NSO CENOMAR, parental consent if you are between 18-21 yrs old, an affidavit from your parents stating your present civil status ( should be authenticated),  community tax certificate ( I dont know if this is really needed but my husband said, they did not use it but its on the list of requirements that time though). When my husband received the documents from me, he then have them translated in german so it took a bit of time before he was able to get the Certificate of no impediment to marriage.  Your boyfriend should submit this certificate together with his birth certificate to the German embassy ( we submitted it in the German embassy in makati),  pay a certain amount ( we paid 1320 pesos that time.)  and wait for atleast 2 days to get your Certificate of Legal Capacity to marry. We just did this last 2014. So maybe its still the same. :) Goodluck :)

Hi Miss Mhel hope your fine and thank you very much for your message, I was so glad to know about your answer . Yes your right actually my boyfriend had sent me yesterday all about the requirements for what he needed from me . But it was in german (type) language and the rest is i dont really understand , I was asking him if he knew it in English and he said not so sure too. So can I ask you more favor and  help regarding this?
He asked me 5 documents all.

1 to 3 I understand
4 and 5 Is what I dont really know.

1.Geburtsurkund vom Hauptstandesamt Manila -  -----------    (NSO Birth certificate)
2.Beglaubigte Kopie vom Reisepass- ----------------                (this is from the copy of my passport)
3.Ledigkeitsbescheinigung von nso Manila-  ----------------      (Cenomar from NSO)
4.Idesstattliche Erklärung über Familienstand inklusive kinder beim Notar-
5.Beischeinigung über Wohnort   Meldebestädigung-

Hope to hear from you again very soon !
God bless.

4. Notarized declaration of marital status and kids
5. Registration certificate of residential address

Hi Ruth,
Sir Beppi here translated it for you :)..
For #4,  that was the affidavit from parents certifying of your present civil status.  Make one,  have it notarized and then authenticated at DFA. And about #5, thats our community tax certificate.   
And oh yes, sorry about the passport copy, I forgot to mention yesterday :)

good day, thanks again for your reply. So happy to read it .But  I was just a bit confusing cos another said one of my friend that in number 5 . she said, it means  it state of significant of my  life from 13years old  up to present
and number 4 she said its affidavit for singleness.

If you have a sample can you please send me if you dont mind?
Thank you

For number 4 only can I ask a sample? i just wanna see how it looks like. Im single 29 years old and no kids yet Miss Mhel.
4. Notarized declaration of marital status and kids

Thank you

Hi Ruth,
I tried to look for the one I made before but I think I already lost it. But I found one sample from the Internet though. I just dont know how I can send to you :(

He will need many documents!
First and most important he needs a document certifying that he is not already married in Germany. And  He needs to apply for this document at his German town of residence. He needs this for Germany and for the Philippine authorities.
Likewise, you need such a document as well to legalize the marriage in the Philippines.
To get the marriage recognized in Germany and for you to possibly move to Germany, this requires at least half a year to get all the documents that you would get a temorary visa to stay in Germany. For this, he needs to get advice at the German embassy in Manila.

Good luck for you two!!
Greetings from Eric

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello guys I need advice how to get legal capacity in Germany

Strange, the thread above gives complete details about the process. That IS the advice. If you have further specific questions then ask them. But be specific instead of posing such a general question. Or are you too lazy to read what is already written?

@mhel0322 how long to process a legal capacity of marriage of my german boyfriend in german embassy in Philippines?? As of now he is in his country.. Is it work if he email the embassy??

@mhel0322 how long to process a legal capacity of marriage of my german boyfriend in german embassy in Philippines?? As of now he is in his country.. Is it work if he email the embassy??

This is the kind of simple minded question that makes little sense. Especially in these times, normal processing times are simply irrelevant. Some consular services might not be provided at all. But since one has to contact the embassy or consulate anyway - then just ask. Anything else is just speculation. And someone's else's experience can vary. Consular officials will give you the most reliable answer. In the man time you can be working on your German if you intend to immigrate to Germany since a spouse of a German citizen needs an A1 level for a family reunion visa.

@MS. SIMPLICITY If he is currently in Germany, it is much easier and faster to get it done there.

@TominStuttgart  sorry about that.. I dont know some stuff like this...

@beppi thank you for your kind reply..

@beppi coz local government officials here in Philippines ask first that he can get it and show it to them so i can fill up some form or documents to be pass..

@beppi have you been arrange like this stuff??? Or process like this thingy??? I dont have any idea about this actually, its my first time... So sorry for those who shares their comments saying its a simpliest thing to be done... Im so naive about that thingy.. Never been married..

@MS. SIMPLICITY I wonder why your husband-to-be is unable to understand and perform such simple buerocratic procedures - and why you are supposed to research this on the Internet.

@MS. SIMPLICITY I wonder why your husband-to-be is unable to understand and perform such simple buerocratic procedures - and why you are supposed to research this on the Internet.
-@beppi

@beppi thats also im wondering,. And sometimes its sad to know why.... 😔😔😔😔😔

This is the kind of simple minded question that makes little sense. Especially in these times, normal processing times are simply irrelevant. Some consular services might not be provided at all. But since one has to contact the embassy or consulate anyway - then just ask. Anything else is just speculation. And someone's else's experience can vary. Consular officials will give you the most reliable answer. In the man time you can be working on your German if you intend to immigrate to Germany since a spouse of a German citizen needs an A1 level for a family reunion visa.

-@TominStuttgart

Thanks

-@MS. SIMPLICITY

Are you sure you want to be in this situation for the rest of your life?

-@MS. SIMPLICITY
Are you sure you want to be in this situation for the rest of your life?
-@beppi

The whole thing sounds questionable. Is it some kind of a scam or what? One expects that a German can navigate basic bureaucratic forms and procedures - and not leave it up to their foreign partner to figure out. One should certainly see some red flags here.

The whole thing sounds questionable. Is it some kind of a scam or what? One expects that a German can navigate basic bueaucratic forms and procedures - and not leave it up to their foreign partner to figure out. One should certainly see some red flags here.
-@TominStuttgart

Whatever... Just forget what youve been read..  Its nothing...... Thank you for all the comments... Have a good day.

The user called "MS. SIMPLICITY" has deleted her profile and is thus shown above as "Guest7790" now.

It is a pity that some people don't want to hear justified opinions, just because they differ from their own wishes.

hi may i ask,if we need to get legal capacity of marriage  even though my partner is a filipino-german,we want to marry by using filipino citizenship then we will declare our marriage in germany once will be their? we have also kids..thanks

@sagermarjorie13 If you want to marry in Germany, an "Ehefähigkeitszeugnis" (certificate of capacity to marry) is required. If you marry elsewhere, the rules may differ (but you would have to ask on that country's forum or the authorities there).

And: You never marry by "using a citizenship" - you marry as a person, regardless of (and including all) citizenships. I recommend you ask the marriage register where you want to marry!

Another remark: If your partner isn't yet, he will NOT become legal father of your kids just by marrying you, even if he is the biological father. He would probably have to adopt them - ask a family lawyer about it!