Proof of resignation required for new work permit/single permit?

Hi,

I am going to change my current organization. I am already employee with a company in Belgium. My new company has already started the WP/single permit procedure and today they have sent me a mail that Ministry of Employment raised an additional request for information whether I have already resigned from my previous employer or whether I have any kind of proof that my employment will end? They gave the following reason:

Reason behind this query is that you cannot be in possession of 2 work permits/single permits.

Is it ok to resign before I get the approved new WP/Single permit?

Thanks,
Anindya

Hi,

No one is asking you to resign, you are just being asked to prove either the end of your current contract and / or if you have already officially notified your former employer that you will have to terminate your current WP on a given date.

Hi Anindya,
The same thing happened with me. Ask your future employer to contact the ministry guys and ask them what sort of confirmation they want. In my case, my future employer and I collectively gave a declaration and signed that I will be resigning my current job once the work permit for the future job is granted.

Hi Anindya,

When did you /your employer apply for the Work permit ? Was it applied from Flanders ?

I am asking, because my file was send on 25th June,2019. But I have not received any feedback from the government.

Thanks & Regards.