Residence Card Renewal Timing (Professional Card)

Good afternoon all,

I renewed my professional card earlier in the year (the new card became valid in April). My application to renew my corresponding type A residence permit was lodged at the town hall in May, and they confirmed it was before the Foreigners' Office in the middle of May. My current residence permit expired on 19 July and I have had no news on the renewal of that permit and consequently do not currently have a valid residence permit (aside from an Annexe 15).

I was told that there are delays at the Foreigners' Office currently (I assume largely due to backlogs from the new single permit applications), so I'm not surprised by the delay. I have, however, struggled to get any clear guidance on just how long the renewal might take.

I wondered if anyone else has recently renewed their professional card and then residence permit, and could shed any light on just how long it took for the residence card renewal to happen?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Paul

Interesting question... I am going to apply for professional card renewal soon...
What I could suggest is at lest to make a call to the Foreigners' Office to get updates on your case.

Hi KonstantinK

I'm interesting to know about the Professional Card , i have read into the official website
werk-economie-emploi.brussels/fr/carte-professionnelle-pour-ressortissants-etrangers

and have a good overview currently , but still has some doubts.

1-I'm working under Work permit right now , can i switch to  Professional Card easily ?
2-what is the required documents , do i need to establish a company  first ?
3- I want to switch to Professional card in order to have freedom to work as a freelancer with any client  , is this possible?
4-how long to get the card , after applying ? and how much the fees?

thanks

BR

Hi msand,

1' -- you you can switch to Professional Card.
2' -- the most important thing you need is a signed contract with a new customer (preferable, stable company making a profit over last few years). My opinion: it's better start without company. It's cheaper and simpler.
3` -- true, but guys from professional cards services are  really care about company situation you are going work for. Not sure if they approve you a professional card based on contract with small startup company of 2 people.
4' -- for me it took almost 6 month. But some people reported about 2 weeks only. 140 euro.

Regards,
Konstantin

Thanks alot KonstantinK,

Can i know the list of the documents represented to the authority?

Hi All,

I am struggling with an answer to a question : If you  can help please.

I am currently on a single permit. I applied for professional card and will receive it and also have a contract to start with Freelance work.

Q. How do I change my residency status from current single work permit / work permit to that of a self employed.

Please share any inputs.

Once you get your professional card, go to your local commune and inform them. They will guide you further.

(And try not to paste the same question in multiple threads - a request)

Thanks

MahediHasan wrote:

Hello
I applied for professional card, my brother is my business partner. He got e-mail from Vlaanderen asking for supporting documents, what kind of documents he should provide. Thanks

Hi,

What a question ? It's him who receive the mail. So he must be aware of whats required...

How do you want us to know what belgian administration ask him........